Reverse Camera Brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCalGen2

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing an extremely bright screen when they shift into reverse at night? I like to have my interior lights pretty dim, including the center touch screen. However as soon as I put it in reverse the screen goes to full brightness and it’s extremely jarring at night. I have my windows tinted, and when the screen brightness shifts it’s almost impossible to see out if the rear view side mirrors. The led lights on the mirrors help a bit but not much. I know brighter reverse lights will help but that’s not fixing the problem. I’m curious to see if this is normal for everyone or if it’s just happening to my truck. I’d like for the brightness to stay exactly the same if I could. I haven’t messed with forscan but I’ve read about it’s capabilities here and there and would also like to know if it’s possible to adjust a setting on there to keep the screen dim while in reverse. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My screen has a ton of red in it at night . I guess from the tail lights . I hate it . I wish there was a fix

VFFTX

Reaction score
My screen has a ton of red in it at night . I guess from the tail lights . I hate it . I wish there was a fix

Mine too, I was going to post to ask about that if everyone has that issue.. My other cars have much better backup views and ironically i need the best view from my truck.. With all the red, its hard to see the outlines of my drive when backing up.