Reverberation in door speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the base system and I'm getting a reverberation coming from the driver door speaker with more intense lows/bass (not all the time/all frequencies). I'm not noticing from the passenger side, but I'm not sitting right next to it either. Is this normal for this system? It sounds like its damaged to me.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that, but it seems if the bass is set to 0 already it should be able to handle it without distortion. Is that not correct? And why would I not hear it from the passenger side?
depends on the volume level. also speakers will distort or blow at different times. just because they are made the same doesnt mean they will do the same. you could be very close to distortion on the other speaker and not know. you could just have a bad speaker too

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on the volume level. also speakers will distort or blow at different times. just because they are made the same doesnt mean they will do the same. you could be very close to distortion on the other speaker and not know. you could just have a bad speaker too
Thanks for the info. I need to spend some time and play with the system.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn speed adjusted volume off. Make sure fade is reset to factory

Turn bass down to one notch over from the lowest setting. Turn mid up from lowest setting 3 clicks and treble from the lowest setting 2 clicks. Now use the fade to get closest to the speaker you are having trouble with, if you hear something out of the ordinary its probably blown. Its a 4ohm speaker, replace them both with something with a better efficiency rating

Anything past volume level of 18 on the base system and it will start to distort from what I have found.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn speed adjusted volume off. Make sure fade is reset to factory

Turn bass down to one notch over from the lowest setting. Turn mid up from lowest setting 3 clicks and treble from the lowest setting 2 clicks. Now use the fade to get closest to the speaker you are having trouble with, if you hear something out of the ordinary its probably blown. Its a 4ohm speaker, replace them both with something with a better efficiency rating

Anything past volume level of 18 on the base system and it will start to distort from what I have found.
Awesome, thanks brother!

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also seen where the wires inside the speaker sometimes come in contact with the cone. That will cause vibration/distortion sounds too.