Rev Limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
he means BRAKE
Bahaha funny I didn’t even catch the spelling difference. I was just confused as to why someone is reving there motor while pressing the break to the point of a steady 1500rpm. I feel like if I did that the tires would break loose

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If someone is new to the Gen 1 Raptor and didn't do any research what so ever,
they will not know that Ford put all kinds of stupid ass nannies in the Raptor.

Once the OP researches a little bit, @Trestan Meyer
he'll find out the biggest complaint is the Throttle body will not open up to 100% until 3.500 rpms.
That's a big part of his launch problem.
A Tune will take care of that and dummy down other nannies to a certain extent.
JDM has a burnout Tune for the 2011-2014 year Raptor.
I don't know if they made it a standard in all their Tunes, you would have to call them on that.

Power breaking does nothing but burn the bands and fluid in the tranny.

Last edited:

muirdog

Reaction score
assuming this guy is just a noob and really does not know....

Called "Brake Torque".... Put your foot on the brake, and in the gas at the same time. The revs should hold around 1,500-2,000 depending on the stall speed of the transmission. When the light goes green, let your foot off the brake, and mash the gas.

In a non boosted car, all you are doing is getting closer to peak power and transmission engagement by doing that. May shave .001 off a 1/4 mile time.

In a turbo, you are spooling up the turbos to get rid of lag and have peak power on hand when you mash the gas.

Mustangs and a few other sports cars all have launch controll to allow you to do this automagically...but no trucks have launch controll.