Reuse Rigid Fogs in Rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
I just upgraded my fogs to the Baja Designs S2 Pro kit. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to reuse their OEM Rigid fogs in the rear as reverse lights. Seems like a perfect place to put them, rather than drop another $300 on a aftermarket set of lights.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a Jen Too, but did similar.
had a set of squadron sports up front, replaced with SAE, move the sports to the rear, wired to up fitter 6 with a relay and trigger on reverse or up fitter 6.

solid mod. If you do go the relay method, buy a weather proof resistant relay housing and wrap the living daylights out of it to keep water out.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had a set of squadron sports up front, replaced with SAE, move the sports to the rear, wired to up fitter 6 with a relay and trigger on reverse or up fitter 6.

solid mod. If you do go the relay method, buy a weather proof resistant relay housing and wrap the living daylights out of it to keep water out.
ah ha! so you are the guy that uses 5 rolls of electrical tape on everything. im getting tired of peeling your tape off. please stop. cause i dont wanna kick your ass

smurfslayer

Reaction score
ah ha! so you are the guy that uses 5 rolls of electrical tape on everything. im getting tired of peeling your tape off. please stop. cause i dont wanna kick your ass

As if... electrical tape didn’t do it, freakin’ rain water, and nothing more, laughed at my gently wrapped, weather... ‘resistant’ (because they definitely were not weather proof ) relay housing. Lit up my neighbor’s back yard nicely 2 nights in a row.

so now, wrapped in a roll of rubber tape first, then the obligatory 5 rolls of electrical tape.

OP
OP
R

ReLLiK75

Reaction score

I'm wondering where i can get brackets specifically for the OEM Rigids that can will allow me to use them in the rear. The wiring part doesn't seem too bad, but also hoping there's a ready made harness that can be purchased.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
not sure about the mounts... make a trip to Lowes/Home Depot and make some.

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely planning to relocate mine to the rear or to move them over to my K5 blazer. No reason not to repurpose them!