Retrofitted Temp Display Knobs to my '22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance totaled out my 2021 and I just replaced it with a 2023. Not having the temperature displayed in the dial is driving me crazy. Guess I’ll be on the hunt. Wish I could have grabbed them from my old truck lol.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Post #219 will show you everything you need to get the heat working in your 2023. I just did it a few days ago. Incredibly easy swap. After doing it once, I'm guessing I could swap all the necessary parts in under 20 minutes now. While you have everything apart, you may want to consider adding the missing ambient lighting as well. it's a bit more time consuming, but I think a worthwhile upgrade.

I just did this to my 23 on Friday and OMG, I forgot how much I missed a heated wheel...

Reaction score

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you order this? They still have a listing and it's !/3 the cost of other listings and they're saying it's brand new. Seems sketchy to me.
They are legit. Issue with “new” is that it must also be programmed. Temp displays will work, but heated/cooled seat and steering wheel options will not until the unit is flashed. I think some people are able to program theirs with forescan.

Reaction score
They are legit. Issue with “new” is that it must also be programmed. Temp displays will work, but heated/cooled seat and steering wheel options will not until the unit is flashed. I think some people are able to program theirs with forescan.
Yes I've been reading up on that. The way I understand it is that if you have a "NEW" unit, you can flash your AB onto with with Forscan. The unit will work but you will always have a DTC. The only way to get rid of that is to flash it with FDRS. However, dealers can't do it since you're putting a 21 part in a 22 truck. So you can get the two day trial to FDRS and do it yourself, or just live with the DTC which will only show up in forscan and never affect the unit.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Yes I've been reading up on that. The way I understand it is that if you have a "NEW" unit, you can flash your AB onto with with Forscan. The unit will work but you will always have a DTC. The only way to get rid of that is to flash it with FDRS. However, dealers can't do it since you're putting a 21 part in a 22 truck. So you can get the two day trial to FDRS and do it yourself, or just live with the DTC which will only show up in forscan and never affect the unit.
I have the DTC, I didn't know about the FDRS thing, might have to try that!