Retrax forum special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Admin.RealTruck

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We usually recommend Thule, Rhino-Rack, and Thule. Unfortunately these have been very hard to get, but any t-slot bars will work

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone who currently has had either one of these. Do you guys like the RetraxOne or the RetraxPro? Unfortunately I’m going to go with the XR instead of MX so I won’t qualify for the $150 mail I’m rebate.
To be it seems like the aluminum would be worth the extra money but maybe not.
Fyi The retrax pro MX is aluminum.

bbarnesnc

Reaction score
I just ordered mine from Alex yesterday. Super quick response and easy to work with. My cover should arrive in NC on Thursday. Hopefully the truck is delivered this week as well.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had one on my gen 2, will it also fit on my gen 3 or do I need a new one?

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. My gen 2 retrax fits absolutely perfect. Just installed today. Fits exact same as on my gen2. So please don’t spread false info. I was “this” close to leaving it in my gen2 upon trade in and ordering a new one.

OP
OP
Admin.RealTruck

Admin.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update. My gen 2 retrax fits absolutely perfect. Just installed today. Fits exact same as on my gen2. So please don’t spread false info. I was “this” close to leaving it in my gen2 upon trade in and ordering a new one.

That you for taking the time to respond.

Every time a generation is changed there is multiple aspects on the truck that changes. It doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, ECT. Doesn't matter if it is a Raptor, 1500, Tacoma, Tundra, Titan, ECT. The information I provided is not "false" information and if you do not believe me, you can call Retrax, or any tonneau cover manufacturer directly, I'll even provide phone numbers if desired. If you want to you can look through every type of tonneau cover we offer and put in the year before and after a generation change you will see different part numbers. For example, for a RetraxPRO MX for a 2019 Raptor the part number is RTX-80373 and for a 21 Raptor the part number is RTX-80378. The changes are so minimalistic to the eye, yes, but to the structural integrity of the cover, it matters. We (being Retrax, BAK, Undercover, Truxedo, and many other tonneau cover companies as we are all owned but the same parent company - TruckHero) would prefer that the vehicle manufacturers did not make these changes because then our engineers have to scramble to redesign these covers in order to hold up to the quality and structural integrity that the covers provide, usually delaying the release of covers at times as we have to get the information from the vehicle manufacturers or get our hands on one of the new generations to take measurements and do test fittings. And this doesn't just apply to tonneau covers, this applies to almost any accessory that can be installed on a vehicle.

I'm glad you were able to make your cover fit but the information I provided is not false nor incorrect.

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it “it would not fit properly”. It fits perfect. How is that not wrong information?