GEN 2 Retractable Roof Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the work hasn't begun yet my Raptor driving friend.

Who wants to let me borrow their KClites though? LOL.

hapijohn

Reaction score
Simply put -

I would love to get a set of KC lights and then be able to retract them or lower them down further on the windshield if/when I need to go into a parking garage.

1. Retract on a guide that goes behind the cab and down, like a conveyer belt style.
2. The mounting area in the front could be longer with some sort of locking mechanism that holds the lights further down on the windshield.
3. Actual able to disconnect with some sort of large wingnut on command.

View attachment 353981

View attachment 353984
The only time I’ve seen this is on a Chase rack where they have a piston to lower them and hide them when not in use .
Retractable lights on the roof seems pretty ambitious but a great idea.
If anyone has suggestions or if you do find something please let the rest of us know

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
DOJO -

You’re overthinking this. get a chase rack, preferably a tubular unit with some structure to it. Not talking roll bar here, but sufficient to bear weight like a tire, etc. is plenty. You want the “top” of the chase rack to be either just under or level with the roofline. mount lights to an actuator bar to allow them to hinge down and rearward. This has already been done / on the market.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hinge a plate which houses the lights, attach plate via arms with pivots to the sun roof. When need to lower them, open the sun roof.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all comments.
DOJO -

You’re overthinking this. get a chase rack, preferably a tubular unit with some structure to it. Not talking roll bar here, but sufficient to bear weight like a tire, etc. is plenty. You want the “top” of the chase rack to be either just under or level with the roofline. mount lights to an actuator bar to allow them to hinge down and rearward. This has already been done / on the market.

example?
Hinge a plate which houses the lights, attach plate via arms with pivots to the sun roof. When need to lower them, open the sun roof.
I think this is the most effective way. Probably a $200 fix, but manual, which is not a problem.