Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Retorque lca shock bolt

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by mattyz99, Oct 30, 2020.

1. tltoronto

tltoronto Full Access Member

You dont have to, It is not a rubber bushing like the control arms, It is an inner sleeve with a poly style support that can spin. Torque the sucker down. You can shim it out to make a tighter tolerance to minimize clunking too!

mAtTyG04 likes this.
  2. mAtTyG04

mAtTyG04 Member

Fixed! Brought it to a local off road shop. He re torqued the lower shock bolt to 450lbs while at full droop. He also notice the brake pad clip loose and a layer of coating was worn of. He tightened it and greased it up. For good measure he re-torqued the LCA's and UCA's. He recommended I go to dealer and get the clips replaced by warranty. I was charged 2hrs shop time but drove away with the truck as quiet as the day I got it so worth every cent!

3. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

i think he is referring towards safety. i am definitely not comfortable with my truck on jackstands while trying to exert that much torque on a bolt. if everything is on and truck is on the ground, theres no jack stand for it to fall off of. unless you have a proper lift, then it wont matter

tltoronto likes this.