Retail Orders Show Online/Website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PerfectoR

Reaction score
I stopped into my local Ford dealer here in June and talked directly to the GM about an allocation for purchasing a Raptor and it so happened that they placed a retail order but it was able to be modified. I told them what I wanted and they modified the truck to my specs and Ford picked it up. Make a long story short its finally in production but since this was technically a retail order do they post the vehicle online automatically or how does that work? I have a deposit down and the paperwork and they know they fully expect to sell me the vehicle when it arrives. After reading the stories on here I am questioning the purchase.

I emailed the GM and my sales guy tonight making sure full well that I put a deposit down on it, its in production and that I plan on purchasing it as discussed. Waiting for a response by tomorrow.

Anyone else see this happen with their truck at all?

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a dealer placed a retail order a person originally had to order it and backed out? If it was a stock order that would make more sense that they would modify. It wont show on the dealers website if its a retail order. Unless the person that ordered it backed out then dealer can add/delete vehicle. You can track it on the Ford vehicle tracker if you have the VIN and order number.

OP
OP
PerfectoR

PerfectoR

Reaction score
If a dealer placed a retail order a person originally had to order it and backed out? If it was a stock order that would make more sense that they would modify. It wont show on the dealers website if its a retail order. Unless the person that ordered it backed out then dealer can add/delete vehicle. You can track it on the Ford vehicle tracker if you have the VIN and order number.

Ive been tracking the order on the site with the order number and VIN that they sent over to me in July. I was just surprised to see it online today and I definately did not back out of the order with my deposit on it.

Like I said they already placed an order just to place an order for the vehicle with an allocation. The order they placed was a dealer order and they modified it to the specs I wanted and placed a deposit on it. I actually have the signed Vehicle Cash agreement or lease with the price after taxes and fees.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a stock order not retail. Retail orders don't show up on Ford.com inventory search.
I don’t think he means Ford.com I think he means the individual Ford Dealership’s site. My retail order was added to my Dealership’s site, I called immediately and was like uh, wtf. They said it automatically got picked up my their internal system and not to worry. I didn’t, and I got my truck, no funny business.

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a dealership in Texas that has 2 special orders listed for sale on their website....apparently they had 2 buyers back out. They are listed at MSRP, neither of them are in stock yet.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer as well. They have 14 raptors either in transit or on the lot ( we saw 3). I think if you can see them on the website, the dealer ordered them for their lots. Not custom orders

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he means Ford.com I think he means the individual Ford Dealership’s site. My retail order was added to my Dealership’s site, I called immediately and was like uh, wtf. They said it automatically got picked up my their internal system and not to worry. I didn’t, and I got my truck, no funny business.
You actually sat down with the salesperson and GM or whoever and placed the order at the dealership and gave them your DL and email? I only ask because that's exactly what I did. Just kind of preparing myself for the scenario where mine is posted on their website LOL.

OP
OP
PerfectoR

PerfectoR

Reaction score
They have my DL and email info from the purchase I made last year with them. I am probably reading too much into this. The dealers site has the truck listed and from the order it was definitely going to be a stock order ( may have mixed up my terminology Between stock and retail). I worked with the GM on the truck order, mods and deposit on the truck.

ill know more tomorrow I’m sure.