GEN 1 Resonator question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Did the 2010 6.2 Raptor have a resonator? I see others stating that they have one but mine bought new from a Ford dealer does not. Nothing between the cats and the muffler and nothing after the muffler.

Found my own answer posted by @Ruger "Okay, okay. The point I was trying to make is that the 6.2L has a different firing order than the previous Raptor engine. I remember reading that Ford did this to enhance the nature of the exhaust note. Evidently they released the 2010 Raptor without a resonator, and had reasons for releasing all subsequent model years with a resonator. I'm thinking that exhaust note quality is one thing and exhaust noise is another. We all know that the EPA gets heavily involved in the later."

I saw all the members doing the delete and sites selling 2010 to 2014 delete pipes but I kept looking and thinking I got to be missing something because no resonator on my truck!

Last edited:

maxwell018867

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2010 Raptor with the 5.4L and it didn’t come with a resonator before the muffler. My guess is that ford wanted to fix a drone noise they were getting with the 6.2 so they added a resonator to the later years. Just my guess though.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 2010 1/2, 6.2L did not come with the resonator.
It was added on 2011-2014 to help bring down the little drone at cruising speeds.
I don't experience any drone, but I have a Bedrug and a Pace Edwards electric bed cover.
So, nothing comes back to the cab from the exhaust tip.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Racing sold a resonator delete pipe for the Gen 1 for a short time but it was discontinued early on.