Resonator or delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering the magnapack with the y pipe..going to leave all the stock piping and use the OEM exit point hence the y pipe..should I leave the resonator or delete it?

I know guys who have deleted the resonator and dumped it at the axel complain about the drone...if I delete the resonator and use the stock piping/exit will I hate the drone as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard negatives with that setup removing the resonator. The MagnaFlow cat back keeps the resonator and sounds great. The magna pack has more volume than the muffler in the kit if I recall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your question is will you hate the drone?

Don't know. Will you?

I don't. But that's me.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar set up as that. I left the resonator drove the raptor around the block and it was too quiet. I went right back and had the muffler shop take it off. I also left the stock pipes and there is very little drone.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between the aforementioned setup and the corsa extreme....I'm worried that the corsa system won't be loud enough.....I want to know my truck has exhaust...thoughts?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I have a similar set up as that. I left the resonator drove the raptor around the block and it was too quiet. I went right back and had the muffler shop take it off. I also left the stock pipes and there is very little drone.

So you left all the OEM parts and just replaced the muffler with y pipe and deleted the resonator? Do you have a drive by video by chance?

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you left all the OEM parts and just replaced the muffler with y pipe and deleted the resonator? Do you have a drive by video by chance?
Yeah that's what I did. Deleted the resonator, replaced the factory muffler with a Borla xr1. It's very similar to a magnapack. Then a Y pipe and stock dual pipes. I'll try to get a start up and drive by video tomorrow.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Ordering the magnapack with the y pipe..going to leave all the stock piping and use the OEM exit point hence the y pipe..should I leave the resonator or delete it?

I know guys who have deleted the resonator and dumped it at the axel complain about the drone...if I delete the resonator and use the stock piping/exit will I hate the drone as well??

I did the Flow Master Super 44. Resinator in. Love it!

BDRAG

scoutdrivinrebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resonator gone, MagnaPack 3in in/3in out, dumped over the axle...sounds good. Drone really isn't bad, but I don't drive it everyday either.