Resale in 2 years Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given the Rpator R is a guarantee sell at nearly any price- I highly doubt the acccountants were against it. Production, last time I saw anything regarding the production line, they like making bad ass trucks- even if it takes slightly more effort. Marketing always just says "give me something good to sell", so they probably loved it.

Who at Ford actually didn't want to build it? The lefty eco-weenies in the company?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given the Rpator R is a guarantee sell at nearly any price- I highly doubt the acccountants were against it. Production, last time I saw anything regarding the production line, they like making bad ass trucks- even if it takes slightly more effort. Marketing always just says "give me something good to sell", so they probably loved it.

Who at Ford actually didn't want to build it? The lefty eco-weenies in the company?
The brainwashed youth, yes. And accounting. The up front cost to produce a different model is very high. Just the required testing is tens of millions of dollars. The only way the R can be justified is by marketing jumping in and saying that we need an answer to RAM or it will hurt pickup sales in general. That's where the real money is. So they pull the necessary numbers out of their ásses to make the project look like it will be profitable. And because you never know how much it would have affected sales had you not done it, marketing can claim victory and push for a bigger bonus.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first question could be : will they last 2 years ?, you will have to sell it for parts before...

If you look for me, I am already outside :Get him!:

myersroofer614

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought about pitching an investment to my myself. I like. I think I'm going to get one...

mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Most likely 10-15 over MSRP still honestly. Unless these somehow got pumped out in impossible numbers

BigBlue20

Reaction score
I’m always amazed how some of you guys seem to know everything about Ford’s internal workings, profitability, engineering plans and or desires. Or at least you think you do. ANY manufacturing, whether widgets, cars, appliances, clothing, etc is a numbers game. If the numbers (volume) isn’t there, then selling a Raptor, R or otherwise, for even $200k is not going to be worthwhile doing. As someone so correctly stated, just testing and compliance with safety and emissions runs into the millions. Economics of scale (volume) means everything! Designers, engineers, and everyone else is on a very short leash to be sure that projects make economic sense. For many years I dealt with OEMs in the Auto industry and tier one suppliers, and I can tell you that designing, building, selling and supporting the products after their sale is not easy, and very seldom fun. The $$$ are not in small quantities of expensive vehicles, but rather in large quantities of run of the mill, easy to build cars. Yes, the Raptor is a “Halo” truck, but the bread and butter are in normal F150s, and fleet sales.