Reprogrammed PCM - Now it Stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new to me 2017 SCREW that I purchased about a month ago. The vehicle is a CPO but I feel like the selling dealership didn't do a great job looking it over, so I took to a local dealer in AZ (I purchased it in UT). I asked them to let me know if the Cam Phaser Rattle recall had ever been done to the vehicle and when I picked it up, they told me they did "RECALL 210B10" and the work order stated "210B10D Reprogram PCM to the latest level". Over the weekend I pulled over to the side of the road to get something out of the glove box and the truck stalled while I was idling in park. Later that day, it stalled again when I was at a red light. Has anyone else experienced this after having the PCM updated? Any suggestions on what to do would be helpful?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it stalling or did the auto shutoff just turn it off for a few seconds?

ASV731

Reaction score
There is a new Recall specifically for this. Field Service Action: 21N08 "PCM Reprogram Due to Engine Shudder"

I had the first PCM recall done too, but have an engine shudder issue. Mine doesn't die like yours, but definitely a problem there. I have an appointment to drop mine off in October.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep -- what ASV said. Go back and tell the dealer is has a shudder. There is a recall

svt10th

Reaction score
Mine has the same issue with the shudder after that recall. If you search 21N08 you'll see that's the fix for it. call your dealer and schedule an appointment

WillsRaptor

Reaction score
Just noticed a shudder after the truck was serviced last weekend. Yesterday drove the truck from NY to Maine and all through the traffic out of NY truck had a strong vibration right around 1000 rpm and would settle at a full stop. Only detectable at a crawl speed. Calling the dealer when I get back and having it looked at thanks for this info.

2018 Leadfoot