Replacment Headlights for 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxnate

Reaction score
Hello all! I am recently a proud owner of a (new to me) 2018 raptor.
Very excited, I've wanted this truck for a long time.

I'm really happy with everything on the truck... except the headlights...
It should be criminal to have put these headlights on this truck, I can't believe how low light these things produce.

Is there a replacement option for brighter headlights or bulbs? Please forgive me, I don't know a lot mechanically about vehicles.
I'm not sure how to tell if my raptor has halogen, LED, or HID headlights.
I see some popular after markets, but costing 1.5k - 2k? Hoping I don't have to spend that just for some brighter lights, but maybe I do?

Could anyone guide me how to find out and any recommendations for this?

Thanks so much for your input and help in advance!

(posted a picture in case you can tell from a picture, not sure) headlights.png

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't replace the LED bulbs in the stock units hence the brighter units being the whole thing and costing $1500+.

You might consider a fog light kit with SAE/DOT pods for use on regular roads.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally was looking at the AlphaRex headlights until Morimoto dropped their prices a little and bumped the "warranty" up to match the 5 years. Competition is a good thing for consumers. I think I like the aesthetics of the Morimotos better anyway and am about to go that route. Just wish the surrounds where brighter and more defused vs individual lights like the Gen 3s.

Morimoto
27001.Ford_Raptor_1619_XB_LED_Headlights.190.jpg

OE Gen 3 surround
2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-14.jpg?fit=around%7C770:481.jpg

Last edited:

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also couldn’t hurt to properly aim them too.

scottybs

Reaction score
Morimotos… I have the hybrids on my 16 F150 and like them. I imagine the above model are even better.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave the oems and put on baja designs or diode dynamics fogs and use those when you need it. You’ve not lived when you put aftermarket headlights on and they don’t work. Fun.
The light output and distribution on the OEM's pales in comparison to what the Morimotos provide. It's not even close, especially on the high beams. However, you can definitely supplement the OEM headlights with add'l BD or Diode Dynamics cubes and be very happy.