Replacing the wiring leading up the the MAP sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I damaged one of the wires that leads to the plug on the MAP sensor. Everything is fine and it still works, I have the wires wrapped in electrical tape. I'd like to replace this length of wire. Anyone know if this is possible and or how difficult it is? Not sure how far down the wiring goes opposite direction from being plugged into the MAP sensor. Would just like to repair it the right way, thanks!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I damaged one of the wires that leads to the plug on the MAP sensor. Everything is fine and it still works, I have the wires wrapped in electrical tape. I'd like to replace this length of wire. Anyone know if this is possible and or how difficult it is? Not sure how far down the wiring goes opposite direction from being plugged into the MAP sensor. Would just like to repair it the right way, thanks!
The most efficient way to repair it is to cut out the damaged section of wire and then solder and heat shrink in a new piece. To make it easier you can obtain a pigtail from the dealer, de-pin the affected circuit, and then install the new pin/wire into your existing harness. That way you only have one solder joint.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has replacement harnesses with connectors. You will need to cut / attach wires. The only issue is all the wires on the new harness are all the same color. The kit comes with shrink wrap, it really is an easy repair. Just make sure you put the shrink wrap on the wire before soldering, it’s a PITA if you forget. Don’t ask me how I know that.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FTO. What tool do you use to de-pin the circuit? Also what brand of pins does Ford use on Raptors?
A terminal release tool of the appropriate size; they sell kits on Amazon. With some connectors you can get away with using a small flathead screwdriver. Ford uses various pin brands; the dealer can locate the terminal part number using the wiring diagrams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free