GEN 2 Replacing cloth seats with oem leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mustainefan

Reaction score
I just had mine done. I will post pics in a second. Overall it turned out very good, as in you can’t tell the difference with the naked eye. There is one difference between the cloth set and the leather set- it is the top rear 60 part. The clip that comes over the top is different and needs to be retrofitted. It is not hard to do, but it is not plug and play.

I had a local upholstery guy come and do it, and I should have just done it myself. I ended up removing and reinstalling all of the seats to help the process (and hopefully reduce cost). I also did the headrests all myself. I’m glad I did because I would be surprised if the guy would have damaged my truck interior.

This guy was a mess, and missed a few obvious things that I had to fix later. The most obvious was the rear seat bottoms, which did not have the front horizontal flanges hooked into the seat cushion. Instead they were just floating underneath the cover, and you could feel them. I suspect he may have missed some others, but it’s hard to tell. He also messed up one of the zippers so one of the seat covers is on there permanently unless I want to destroy it.

If you do end up doing these yourself, just make sure you have long sockets in 18mm, 15mm, and 13mm. Also you will need an impact driver, some plastic pry bars, and some good pliers.

If anyone wants to buy my cloth set, it’s brand new and in perfect condition. Just hit me up.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cloth seats are bad ass.
Keeps your ass planted when doing those high speed drifts in the dunes.