GEN 2 Replacing cloth seats with oem leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11F150

Reaction score
Has anyone taken off their cloth covers and replaced them with oem raptor leather covers? I am nervous as I would want it to look good as if they came from the factory as leather. I know stretching the covers can be tricky. You can buy new factory take offs for around $350 so it would be a cheap upgrade as long as it looks good.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several instructional videos on Youtube for installing aftermarket leather on the F-150. I think you'll find those useful. Just search F-150 Katskin or DIY F-150 Leather, etc., etc.

Good Luck.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going to the trouble to change covers, upgrade to katskin, waaayyyy better quality, you won't regret it.

OP
OP

11F150

Reaction score
If your going to the trouble to change covers, upgrade to katskin, waaayyyy better quality, you won't regret it.

Really? I dont know much about katskin but I always liked the quality of ford leather seats. I have them in my 2011 f150 and they still look new. Ill have to do some research.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I upgraded the leather in my 13 FX4 to katskin, I didn’t realize the difference would have been what it was, made me a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

11F150

Reaction score
I upgraded the leather in my 13 FX4 to katskin, I didn’t realize the difference would have been what it was, made me a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I filled out a quote form on their website, Ill see what they come back with.

JP77

Reaction score
I filled out a quote form on their website, Ill see what they come back with.
Shop around for a few installers. Found an installer in the Tampa/St Pete area that quoted about 1/2 price for cash. Said he made plenty enough in the Katskinz msrp to cover his labor... did a great job too!

marcm

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I replaced my OEM leathers (for sale as well) & installed Katskinz since they matched my exterior wrap. I love the look & feel. Figure about $1,600.00

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well, I replaced my OEM leathers (for sale as well) & installed Katskinz since they matched my exterior wrap. I love the look & feel. Figure about $1,600.00
How about some pics of the seats/wrap plz.

marcm

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0597.jpg IMG_0598.jpg

I had the "Raptor SVT" embroidery done seperatley from a local guy. But I really like the way they came out & feel.