Replacement Tailgate Emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its difficult to find. Thats why i went a bit further and moved the cam to the gate handle and got a black regular emblem lol.
What all was involved? I would think you would just have to remove the emblem, remove the camera and wiring from the emblem, and run them back up into the tailgate and mount to the aftermarket tailgate handle?
I was planning on removing my tailgate step handle off of my tailgate, covering up the access hole with the OEM access panel, and then having the bedliner done since I want a standard tailgate surface... this might be a good mod to do at that time.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just be aware if you're planning a full debadge. You can remove the 6.2 door badges and the Raptor emblem on the tailgate without issue, but the F150 tailgate badge has alignment holes behind it.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched for about an hour yesterday to figure out how to get my ford emblem blacked out. I found a link to a company that custom painted them, but they seem to have gone out of business. I found a lot for non-camera emblems, and I did even find an adhesive black "ring" that goes around the chrome portion of the outside of the oval, but the emblem would still be blue.
This is the first truck I have owned where it has been difficult to get black emblems... all my chevy's were easy front and back.
Found one on Ebay, but yikes, it's $110
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2915018236...d=link&campid=5338805043&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

OP
OP
jackjare9455

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score