Replacement rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads discussing rust problems on 2011 Raptor rocker panels. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Any links for replacement rocker panels?

Or is it just easier to cover up with a bondo kit?

Attachments

• IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6475.jpeg
    IMG_6475.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6470.jpeg
    IMG_6470.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 39

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is your cab corners, btw, not really the rockers. Are the rockers okay? I would just weld patches on there and then body fillar as needed after that. If you don't weld it up, it will come back with in a week or a year, never know. Do you have a sunroof?

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, cab corners. Thanks for the correction. Should make my search easier. What would you patch with? I have basic MIG welding skills and a TIG torch that I've been antsy to learn how to use. I have plenty of steel scraps but not sure about automotive welding. Any tips/pointers would be appreciated!

P.S. I do have a sunroof. Is that a source of leak causing rust down below?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, cab corners. Thanks for the correction. Should make my search easier. What would you patch with? I have basic MIG welding skills and a TIG torch that I've been antsy to learn how to use. I have plenty of steel scraps but not sure about automotive welding. Any tips/pointers would be appreciated!

P.S. I do have a sunroof. Is that a source of leak causing rust down below?
Yeah, I think the sunroof drain hoses are on the cab corners, so you need to make sure the drains in the cab corners are draining that water from the sunroof out of that area. I'm not much of a welder, but that area is strong so if you are talented with oxy/cet you could cut it out and weld a patch to fit. I would go the other route personally and use a welding machine, wire feed? This would cut down on the chances of burning your truck to the ground, lol. While you are at it, look under the backside of the rockers where the running boards mount and see if the factory duct tape is still on the backside of the rockers, it comes off and should of come off of yours by now. You need to put black gorilla tape over all of those holes on both sides. Make sure the drains for the rockers are clear as well, the drains run along the bottom seam next to the running boards, if those plug up, your rockers will rust out. Good luck bro!

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my cab corners replaced. It happens to all truck brands. Its just where all the water and salt goes.

Primez

Reaction score
I am doing rockers and cab corners on my truck this summer. Minor rust at this point but I’m swapping over to “NeverRust” full composites so I never have to worry about it again.

easier for those of us without welding experience as well. :)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am doing rockers and cab corners on my truck this summer. Minor rust at this point but I’m swapping over to “NeverRust” full composites so I never have to worry about it again.

easier for those of us without welding experience as well. :)
What is this product you are talking about? Curious to learn!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
buy cab corner filler pieces, they are cheap, the proper shape, and sounds like you can weld them in yourself.

I looked into it for my old truck and cab corners and inner and outer rockers was like $200 total.

Primez

Reaction score
What is this product you are talking about? Curious to learn!
From what I know... some smart guy in Michigan drove around and saw all the rockers and cab corners rusted out of every truck on the road and decided to create fiberglass replacements.

you cut out your old rockers and cab corners just like you would with a full metal replacement, but instead of welding in metal, you use some super strong adhesives and the fiberglass replacements instead. No welding. Supposedly fits just like factory or a metal replacement. Normal bondo/sanding to smooth out the seams and adhesives just like you would otherwise. Except they’ll never rust ever again since there is no more metal.

i have my set on order. I’ll document the process when it’s time to install.

Attachments

• E4840CB5-5E90-4C9A-BE35-93AA627365EC.png
    E4840CB5-5E90-4C9A-BE35-93AA627365EC.png
    412 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: