Replacement Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Yes, all flares from 2017-2020 are the same color. It is actually a J7 paint variant that is 2 shades darker than what the factory bead-lock wheel comes out as. (The center-caps are the same color as the flares, whereas the wheel itself is 2 shades lighter.) After the winter, I will be ready for new tires and I have a set of 2020 factory wheels with the ford performance bead-locks that I will be powder-coating to match the flares and putting them on my 2018.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cannoli, those are expensive.
I have a small rock ding on one, and it almost looks like it is a wrap.
Perhaps and in-mold coating.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, all flares from 2017-2020 are the same color. It is actually a J7 paint variant that is 2 shades darker than what the factory bead-lock wheel comes out as. (The center-caps are the same color as the flares, whereas the wheel itself is 2 shades lighter.) After the winter, I will be ready for new tires and I have a set of 2020 factory wheels with the ford performance bead-locks that I will be powder-coating to match the flares and putting them on my 2018.

Here's a link from when I powder coated my wheels. It should save you some work looking for the right color.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/had-my-20-wheels-powdercoated.75919/#post-1477881

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Here's a link from when I powder coated my wheels. It should save you some work looking for the right color.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/had-my-20-wheels-powdercoated.75919/#post-1477881

That's awesome, truck looks good! I actually have a Powder-Coat code that is damn near an identical match to the paint code that my buddy used on his wheels, so close that the naked eye couldn't tell the difference. I would use the exact J7 paint code that he used but powder-coating is much cheaper and easier.

Are yours the same color as the center cap? which is 2 shades darker than the wheel itself. Did you match your wheels to the flares? It looks like your center-caps are still darker than the wheel itself?

Thanks for the reply!

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score

Sorry, after reading through your post I actually noticed that you went with the Kingsport Grey, no wonder they looked a little lighter to me (still look badass). In fact, the powder-coat code that is a damn near identical match to the J7 paint-code my buddy used that I mention above is their Speedway Grey, a little darker than the Kingsport that you went with and which is supposedly the same color as the center-cap and flares.

Also after reading your post, I saw that you mentioned that painting was cheaper versus powder-coating? I was under the impression that powder-coating was not only cheaper but more durable and efficient..

If that's the case, I will get them painted the same exact J7 paint code that my buddy used instead of the "real" identical powder color code in Speedway Grey.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, after reading through your post I actually noticed that you went with the Kingsport Grey, no wonder they looked a little lighter to me (still look badass). In fact, the powder-coat code that is a damn near identical match to the J7 paint-code my buddy used that I mention above is their Speedway Grey, a little darker than the Kingsport that you went with and which is supposedly the same color as the center-cap and flares.

Also after reading your post, I saw that you mentioned that painting was cheaper versus powder-coating? I was under the impression that powder-coating was not only cheaper but more durable and efficient..

If that's the case, I will get them painted the same exact J7 paint code that my buddy used instead of the "real" identical powder color code in Speedway Grey.

I think you misread something, I hadn't really looked at painting. Powder coat is the way to go. When I compared the actual powder coated samples I got, Speedway looked slightly darker, Kingsport looked slightly lighter, neither looked to be an exact match. I went with the slightly lighter as I liked that look to show the wheel a little more and I like how the metallic stood out. They both are REALLY close to the flares.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
I think you misread something, I hadn't really looked at painting. Powder coat is the way to go. When I compared the actual powder coated samples I got, Speedway looked slightly darker, Kingsport looked slightly lighter, neither looked to be an exact match. I went with the slightly lighter as I liked that look to show the wheel a little more and I like how the metallic stood out. They both are REALLY close to the flares.

I definitely misread something, when you said powder-coating is tougher, you meant it in regards to durability. Well, my friend actually painted his wheels to an exact match of the flares and center-cap, I'm talking about the OEM bead-lock capable wheels, different than your OEM wheels. He had a custom fill can and it was a J7 Magnetic Variant (Ford uses 11 different variants of the J7, don't ask me why). Anyways, he used the J7 Magnetic 936529. He said painting was a lot more work compared to powder-coating, so he did a lot of testing and he determined that the Speedway Grey was a damn near identical match to his paint code, so close the naked eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I hope it's close, I have decided to go that route with a semi-gloss finish. I may just have them do a powder-coat match themselves in house to the flares and center-cap to see how it compares to the Speedway Grey from Prismatic. I have a bunch of pictures I can PM you.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely misread something, when you said powder-coating is tougher, you meant it in regards to durability. Well, my friend actually painted his wheels to an exact match of the flares and center-cap, I'm talking about the OEM bead-lock capable wheels, different than your OEM wheels. He had a custom fill can and it was a J7 Magnetic Variant (Ford uses 11 different variants of the J7, don't ask me why). Anyways, he used the J7 Magnetic 936529. He said painting was a lot more work compared to powder-coating, so he did a lot of testing and he determined that the Speedway Grey was a damn near identical match to his paint code, so close the naked eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I hope it's close, I have decided to go that route with a semi-gloss finish. I may just have them do a powder-coat match themselves in house to the flares and center-cap to see how it compares to the Speedway Grey from Prismatic. I have a bunch of pictures I can PM you.

If you contact Prismatic they will send out samples of small aluminum panels that have been powder coated. I think it was $6 including shipping. IMO they both are super close. In full sun the Speedway looked very slightly darker, and the Kingsport very slightly lighter. From Prismatic, "Speedway Grey is a black color with an exceptionally heavy silver metallic flake. Kingsport Grey is a charcoal grey with a heavy silver metallic flake."