GEN 2 Replacement drain plug for plastic oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my ‘18 a couple months now and quickly approaching my next oil change...first one on this vehicle to be done by me (dealer did one when I took delivery with 18K miles already on the truck). I very much prefer to do basic maintenance like oil changes, brakes, etc. myself so I know it’s done correctly, but after hearing the horror stories of the factory yellow plug on the plastic oil pans, not looking forward to this one.

I did crawl under the truck to confirm my early 2018 model year build has the black plastic oil pan and yellow drain plug.

I like Fumoto drain plug/valves quite a bit (have them on other vehicles) and the Fumoto website shows their F107 series fits my truck, but have seen conflicting information elsewhere. Has anyone here used a Fumoto valve with the plastic oil pan? If so, what plug model number?

I also know about the Ronin Factory plug specifically designed to replace the craptastic yellow factory plug, and will probably order one of those despite the rather steep price (up to $80 now) if I can’t find an alternative.

Thanks in advance for any info...

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bueller? Bueller?

No one here with the plastic pan changes their own oil and has found a solution?

I saw one post re: using the drain plug from another motor (2.7L maybe?). Not sure that’s an actual fix though.

shortdeck

Reaction score
I don’t think a drain valve for the F150 plastic pan has been released yet. I received an email from them about a month ago stating they’re still in the testing stages and if everything went okay the product would be released in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks y’all... As mentioned above, will likely go the Ronin route myself, but wanted to check for options before doing so.

Looking forward to your feedback/review Zombiekiller...

sheaks3

Reaction score
I ordered one of the ronin devices. I'll provide feedback once I receive it.
Have you had a chance to try it out? I am thinking of ordering one. Cut the bottom off a plastic gallon jug and jammed it in between the skid plates and did not make the mess I did with my first oil change, but that is not a sustainable alternative.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to order the Ronin Drain Plug. $80 is steep but if it prevents the mess I had last time it will be worth it. The UPR Plug is $50 but Im not sure what their 2 Allen Head Screws are for. Do you have to lossen / tighten them everytime you take the plug out?

Anyway, due for oil change #2 at 8,000 miles. Going to cut the top half off a 1 gallon water jug, turn it upside down to try to catch the Niagra Falls of oil as soon as you take off the yellow quarter turn flood gate release! Will install Ronin after and post some pics.

By the way, the Ronin and UPR 1/4 turn replacement Drain Plugs ONLY work on Raptor 3.5 EBs with Plastic Oil Pan. The Fumoto Drain Valve ONLY works with Late 2018 to 2019 Raptors with Metal Oil Pans.

Aloha, HT