Replaced phasers twice now blown motor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop for oil consumption right now. I have a extended warranty through ford but lost of aftermarket parts. If they want me to pay I will just make the call to Ryan and make a monster.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I paid would not be an accurate representation of what it costs. I'd say talk to ryan and have him build you a quote.
Does anyone have videos or power output from the RMB offerings? What is the 4.2 stroker capable of? Can they make the 3.5 or the stroked 4.2 version match what the TRX has stock? I checked their website and I cannot find anything showing output.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Does anyone have videos or power output from the RMB offerings? What is the 4.2 stroker capable of? Can they make the 3.5 or the stroked 4.2 version match what the TRX has stock? I checked their website and I cannot find anything showing output.
the 750x config is a 3.5 that will put down 750 to the wheels with the appropriate fueling upgrades and garrett powermax turbos.

Punching it out to a 4.2 will add another 100-150 whp depending on who is tuning it. If you go top mount turbos, it will put out quite a bit more.

Being realistic, more than 750whp in a raptor is a ****** measuring contest as the power is all but unusable with leaf springs in the rear.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership is still working on getting a new motor + labor priced... it has been over 2 weeks. I would think they can simply walk over to the parts department and figure out the cost in no longer than a day.

Ford said " they're still waiting on the total amount that they can assist with " hopefully thats 100% lol.

as far as the extended warranty, no word from them. Basically telling me to f**k off.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The dealership is still working on getting a new motor + labor priced... it has been over 2 weeks. I would think they can simply walk over to the parts department and figure out the cost in no longer than a day.

Ford said " they're still waiting on the total amount that they can assist with " hopefully thats 100% lol.

as far as the extended warranty, no word from them. Basically telling me to f**k off.
depends on what they feel they can reuse. make sure they dont try to reuse any of the timing parts, including the guides.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The first thing these extended warranties look for is a reason not to pay, b a S t a r d S!

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and the extended warranty declined the claim due to the
“ aftermarket intercooler & cold air intake “
I told them that would be reasonable if those parts also failed & the motor over heated. Which was not the case..
the rep said he’ll relay that message to them but it doesn’t sound too good.

Any suggestions ? Should I get a lawyer ?
I mentioned that the only reasonable explanation could be that
1. The camshaft just failed ( faulty part )
2: during the replacement of the cam phasers the tech did not torque the bolt down correctly.
There was so coolant or water in the oil, the vehicle did not over heat & I just did service 500 miles ago…

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I told them that would be reasonable if those parts also failed & the motor over heated. Which was not the case..

2: during the replacement of the cam phasers the tech did not torque the bolt down correctly.
There was so coolant or water in the oil, the vehicle did not over heat & I just did service 500 miles ago…
I could be wrong but I don't really believe that an upgraded intercooler and cold air intake could possibly be the root cause of your issue unless your intake was installed incorrectly and was sucking in a ton of dirt.

Maybe FordTechOne could add some insight, but failing after having your cam phasers replaced seems suspicious.

How many miles after the did the work did your engine fail?

Sorry if you already posted that information.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Get something in writing from both people explaining why they are denying coverage. The law states failures related to the installation of aftermarket parts can be denied (op ed) if the failure was caused by the aftermarket part. Ask in writing for an explanation of how the parts contributed to the failure. They are required to prove they did---not you have to prove they didn't. I can tell you right now the excuse will be "The Ford dealer told me they did" so in that case to the aftermarket company, request a personal inspection by a third party adjuster. When you have his report, report back to us.