Replace with Stock Steering wheel Or Aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner appears to have worn quite a few rings or something to have eaten up the steering wheel.
I am currently debating going with an oem one and they can be found for about 400, or something similar to vivid racing which is about 1000 when they give you the core charge back.
I know many have replaced wheels here and there is even a group buy for currently in progress. i would want mine rewrapped meaning approx 1300 there.
I know its all what you like but is the aftermarket option two to three times better than a new oem?

Rau Racing Wheels

The Future of Custom Steering Wheels
Reaction score
The previous owner appears to have worn quite a few rings or something to have eaten up the steering wheel.
I am currently debating going with an oem one and they can be found for about 400, or something similar to vivid racing which is about 1000 when they give you the core charge back.
I know many have replaced wheels here and there is even a group buy for currently in progress. i would want mine rewrapped meaning approx 1300 there.
I know its all what you like but is the aftermarket option two to three times better than a new oem?
Just a quick note -

We are offering a Group Buy featuring carbon fiber mods and leather/Alcantara upgrades.

Of course, a hand-crafted interpretation is more time consuming and therefore costlier than a mass-produced item (steering wheel)
Advantages would be that you get what you want, and what is not available with stock parts.

Regarding the pricing - 1-piece carbon fiber wheel is 725. This retains the factory leather, but can be upgraded.

A re-wrapped steering wheel can be a significant upgrade, even without CF.
We have upgraded wheels with smooth leather top & bottom, with Alcantara sides and a leather racing stripe. You also can get matching thread to your stripe.
This upgrade is 795. It's a superior leather to what Ford uses, and the Alcantara is legit. Even the thread we use is a German product with great qualities, including light-fastness.

We welcome inquiries.