Replace One Or Both Baja Designs S1's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of my S1's burned out. They are almost 1.5 years old. If I buy a new one will it be brighter than the one that is 1.5 years old? I was hoping to only buy one for $100 but if the new one will be brighter then I'll bite the bullet and spend $200 on a pair.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of my S1's burned out. They are almost 1.5 years old. If I buy a new one will it be brighter than the one that is 1.5 years old? I was hoping to only buy one for $100 but if the new one will be brighter then I'll bite the bullet and spend $200 on a pair.
Call Baja Designs and talk to them. They are REALLY good about standing behind their product with their lifetime warranty.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Almost.

I know it probably goes against the grain of pretty much every human, but, do as @Oldfart suggests, likely they replace the light.
IF it turns out to be brighter than the old one, purchase a new one and retask the old one.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs has a lifetime warranty. No need to buy a new one. Reach out to Baja or the dealer you purchased from for RMA assistance

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the BD lights. Just wish the finish didn’t turn to a washed out black primer looking color/texture. This is on the cubes.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I love the BD lights. Just wish the finish didn’t turn to a washed out black primer looking color/texture. This is on the cubes.

That'll happen with pretty much any light over time. They have a new finish now on them. It's a shiny black finish instead of the matte black.

Hell those of us with lights back when they had the black boxes (about 5 years ago), they had a different kind of bezel then that REALLY faded

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That'll happen with pretty much any light over time. They have a new finish now on them. It's a shiny black finish instead of the matte black.

Hell those of us with lights back when they had the black boxes (about 5 years ago), they had a different kind of bezel then that REALLY faded
That’s true with most finishes. As long as they stay that dull black it’s cool. My S8 had more of that black shiny anodized finish on it. Of course living in the grill vs the bumper/wheel well area will be an easier life.