Replace OEM sub with kicker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid but maybe not a stupid question. Can you effectively utilize a Zen to grab signal for your sub at least for the time being until you build out the rest of the system later? Yes it’s initially 500 bucks or so to grab a pure signal for the subs to start. Not the most logical way to do it. But again a start.

But I have a feeling you will need to completely unplug from the B&O amp to feed the Zen?
correct. you can not use it for just the sub. the zen takes the place of the amp so all the connectors need to plug into it

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my wrapped sub with sound skin , and a kicker woofer , no new amp yet , bass is def there more , tighter , am I satisfied hell no . More upgrades to come

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Accubass.....gross (why would you did a processed high level input when a full digital source os there)

the only way to di it right is with a full zen a2b install...meaning you have to buy the zen and the amp...plus what ever speakers you are doing.
Zen only works on B&O on 2018+. For 2017 Sony system, the best option is PAC AMP-PRO. Flat signal with 6 channels of clean RCA output at 4 or 5 volts with the option for TOSLINK. It also allows you to upgrade any part of the system from just a sub to a complete build since it intercepts the signal before it goes to the amp. You can leave any part of the factory system intact. Unfortunately the only way to remove the Sony amp completely is to use Idatalink Maestro which limits you to a Kemwood amp or Rockford Fosgate DSR1 which aren't very good.