GEN 2 Removing side mirror lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Website says these are coming back in stock May 20. Looking forward to putting these on.

One question about the sequential turn signals. I've also got the XB headlights now, so I'm hoping the mirror and headlight turn signals will be in sync. The answer, I guess, depends on how turn signals work. Do they receive a pulse of electricity, so that the control module (whatever it's called) controls the blinking, or do they receive a constant electrical signal and the light itself knows to blink on/off.

I'm guessing it's the latter, and if so, that should mean a turn signals on the vehicle would automatically be in sync.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We've got a bunch of these already on order coming in. Anybody with an existing order with us should ship once our inventory arrives.

It does depend on how the turn signals work. They are 2 completely separate products so I doubt the "animation" is the exact same length. Know what im saying?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've got a bunch of these already on order coming in. Anybody with an existing order with us should ship once our inventory arrives.

It does depend on how the turn signals work. They are 2 completely separate products so I doubt the "animation" is the exact same length. Know what im saying?

Yes, I get you. I would not expect them to end the animation at the same time, or progress at the same speed. Really as long as they animation cycles start at the same time, I think it will look good. if they are completely out of sync, then I'll keeping stock mirror lights I guess.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone installed those yet? Curious to the questions already asked like side lights and how it looks with front and rear blinkers.
Thanks guys!

Looks like mine was delivered today. Not sure I'm going to get a chance to install tonight though, or the next few days, given the rain forecast

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know these Texas T-stroms have been nuts!! Your in H-town right? Any flooding?

Yes, south of it really. I haven't seen any flooding, and honestly, haven't paid attention to the news to see if others have.

I did get the lights installed though, and they look great! If you have the morimoto XB lights, it really looks like it's a matching set. Same amber color and the headlights and mirror lights animation is in sync. Mirror lights will also do their sequence on startup, lock and unlock. On unlock, the sequence holds a little longer, so you can see the difference between lock and unlock. You do lose the spotlight though.

For $75, this is a really nice little mod.

Install is pretty easy and straight forward. Popping off the mirror is a little nerve racking, but just take your time. Also the harness between for the new lights doesn't match up with the pins that well. It was the case on both sides, so I don't think it was case of my pins being bent or something. But just take your time, wiggle it around a bit, and you'll eventually get it (innuendo not intended).

Attachments

• 20210519_183600.jpg
    20210519_183600.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210519_183703.mp4
    12.2 MB
  • 20210519_191944.mp4
    12.4 MB
Last edited:

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man those look awesome together. I have been wanting to get the XBs and now this is making me want them even more.
Thanks for the videos that helps out so much!!!
Btw the Brazos River up here in College Station keeps coming up more and more everyday. Im working about 200 yards from it right now too.