GEN 2 Removing side mirror lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. The 4 white LEDS this thing is replacing with the amber LED strip?
Yes. The OEM mirror lights have a button inside the cab what is like a spotlight out the side of the truck from these small mirror lights. Seems you lose that with the sequential LEDs.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now the question is are the morimoto and these the same? Seems like you do lose the side spot...

i believe the morimotos hasve two strip leds in theirs. the video i posted is a cheaper version but with 1 led strip as far as i can tell.

I posted the video as an installation reference.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. The OEM mirror lights have a button inside the cab what is like a spotlight out the side of the truck from these small mirror lights. Seems you lose that with the sequential LEDs.

yeah, i actually use the side spot lights a lot, so losing that would stop me from getting these things.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m seriously considering purchasing the Morimotos. The installation video @Alysium posted was informative. Thanks! My biggest concern is breaking my mirror(s) during the installation

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From what I can see, you lose the spot light function in the turn signal... MAYBE. See they are so new that we sold out before I had a chance to try them out. I had a set IN my hand ready to install when an order came in. Sooo customers come first.

But looking at this photo there are 3 LED diodes I can see on the bottom portion. That MIGHT be for the white spots, possibly?

image__38488.1613426436.png

Not 100% sure. I'll ask the Morimoto/TRS dealer network and see what they tell me and come back with an update.

We've got a ton of these on order so just be patient.