Removing Intake Tube for UPR Catch Can Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a DIY write up for this or can shed some light on how they did it? It seems as if it is as easy as just reaching in through passenger side wheel well and loosening the band clamp holding the tube to the turbo and just pulling out, but want to make sure.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 12951

So with the UPR, you will have to remove the air box every time you want to check the catch can?

What is the purpose of the new WOT line from the can to the newly drilled hole in the Intake?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, what the hell are they doing burying the catch can down there? Oh, I'll check that a lot.... not.

D

Deleted member 12951

yeah, what the hell are they doing burying the catch can down there? Oh, I'll check that a lot.... not.

Exactly what I was thinking and how long the hose is and back to the PCV. Surely that is not a good thing. The JLT one is mounted on the passenger side and easy reach.

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As most catch cans don't collect an excessive amount of oil, they usually only need to be emptied when you do your oil change. I am guessing that UPR figured that since you will be under the truck for the oil change, you can easily access the drain from there.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the new WOT line from the can to the newly drilled hole in the Intake?

The purpose is to have a vacuum to evacuate pressure gas under boost. The engine manifold line is closed under boost because boost force closes that line so air will not flow backwards. So no vacuum there under boost. The only way to get vacuum when at boost then is from the drilled WOT line.

So now you know the other catch can mentioned in this forum does not vacuum the exhaust pressure gas under boost.

Your decision on which to get boils down to if you think boost vacuum at the catch can is worth drilling a hole in your intake tube.

Last edited: