Removing grille help for lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess i’ll Post in here too. I bought the Baja designs behind the grille lights but I cannot get the grille off to save my life. My hands are sore AF. Baja designs lists one way to remove the grille, M&R lists a totally different way. Neither of which are helping. Anyone have any ideas? Pretty frustrated. I’ve never had issues doing this kind of work on previous trucks and this is kicking my ass.
If I don’t get this working I’ll have a behind the grille kit for sale.

Bluu

Reaction score
Is the top coming loose but not the bottom? There are two bolts just below the inner edge of the headlights that you have to bend the flexible flashing back to get to which you may not have taken out?

See the picture with red arrows below.

Attachments

• PXL_20220820_025653608.jpg
    PXL_20220820_025653608.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Baja designs listed those as 10mm bolts. I guess they are 8mm.
I am trying to loosen them now.
I have to do it from under the truck because I cannot get the trim piece just below the grille to pop off. My fingers are raw!

Bluu

Reaction score
So Baja designs listed those as 10mm bolts. I guess they are 8mm.
I am trying to loosen them now.
I have to do it from under the truck because I cannot get the trim piece just below the grille to pop off. My fingers are raw!
The trim piece below the grill is tricky on the ends by the fender flares. I was able to get an extension with a swivel through the flexible piece just below that and above the bumper to get those out. Its an awkward angle, but at least I could see it, versus doing it from the bottom, which was blind. Hopefully those bolts will get it broken free.

Keep in mind that you do have to put a fair amount of pressure on each side to pop the grill loose once all of the bolts are out. I recommend using both hands and popping it loose by one headlight, then repeating the same for the other headlight and not trying to do both side in one pull.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn I got them out and not much budge. I did just now slice my finger wide open on that trim panel

Bluu

Reaction score
You do have to put a fair amount of pressure on each side to pop the grill loose once all of the bolts are out. I recommend using both hands and popping it loose by one headlight, then repeating the same for the other headlight and not trying to do both side in one pull.