Removing grille help for lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cdiddy4224

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say, for how expensive this kit is, baja designs needs to refine some stuff. Maybe their lights are great but I feel like their designs could be better. Their directions were some of the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Wrong sized measurements in the directions, unclear pics, just bad directions all around.

Last edited:

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to say, for how expensive this kit is, baja designs needs to refine some stuff. Maybe their lights are great but I feel like their designs could be better. Their directions were some of the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Wrong sized measurements in the directions, unclear pics, just bad directions all around.
Yeah but look at all the friends you made along the way.. :favorites13:

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Cididdy4224,

sorry we couldn’t get to this sooner. We really appreciate the honest feedback. I also want to thank the community for chiming in and helping. For future reference, our tech team is available from 8:30am-5:30pm PST Mon-Fri you can reach us at 760-560-2252 they will gladly assist you if you are having any trouble. We will work on polishing our instruction for this kit to help prevent any issues like this happening again. For anyone who might encounter problems while trying to install this kit I would recommend checking out this this Install video which goes more in detail to somethings we may have missed .

Best,
Brahian Herrera

Bluu

Reaction score
I recently made my first purchase with BD, and ran into an issue with my order, but after a short phone call to BD my issue was quickly resolved. Definitely top notch customer service in my opinion, but I understand that not all experiences are the same. Glad that the timing worked out well yesterday to get the guidance needed to get the grill off though!

justwerd

Reaction score
Is the top coming loose but not the bottom? There are two bolts just below the inner edge of the headlights that you have to bend the flexible flashing back to get to which you may not have taken out?

See the picture with red arrows below.
I know this is kind of an old thread... but this just saved my day! Thanks for the info...

i used an 8mm socket and an extension and went through the front after removing the lower trim piece.

SuprSeb

Reaction score
I know this is kind of an old thread... but this just saved my day! Thanks for the info...

i used an 8mm socket and an extension and went through the front after removing the lower trim piece.
Yes definitely!! Step #4 in the instructions says to removed bolt blindly from underneath but I removed the front lip as well and was able to access with extension!!

Thanks all for the info as well!

Attachments

• BDA27499-879C-4706-B303-F9BD9B18FA15.jpeg
    BDA27499-879C-4706-B303-F9BD9B18FA15.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 8A8DEB41-E2B2-415C-84C6-94BD8FA437AF.jpeg
    8A8DEB41-E2B2-415C-84C6-94BD8FA437AF.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 28

Bluu

Reaction score
Glad they helped! Its a bit frustrating the first time, but not overly difficult once you realize where all of the fasteners are located!

scottp6188

Reaction score
This is the setup I want to run, my only concern is some of the behind the grill lights require you to remove some of the cooling louvers to install the lights. Is there any negative performance aspect to doing this? I have to imagine it would just let more air in since it will always be open so in theory it shouldn't hurt.