Removing fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jenner1

Reaction score
Looking for a video or writeup on how to remove the fender flares to either wrap or paint. Can’t seem to find any info and don’t want to break something in the process.

Had a small issue when I got my truck back from getting color matched Armorthane on the rockers and bumpers where the masking tape just pulled off some of the paint on the passenger rear flare. I know this is an issue from ford so I’d rather just get it addressed properly instead of getting them replaced under warranty and having the same issue a few weeks later.

Trucks going in Monday morning for a full Xpel wrap and I’m going to see if they have a close color match in stock and get them done but it may be a better wrap job if the flare is removed.

Zev

Reaction score
They can be pulled off very easily by hand, start at the bottom on either side and work your way around, just make sure you have extra clips on hand in the event any break.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take all of the bolts out and start pulling from one end to the other. Then unhook the lights

Good chance you will break the plastic tabs but they can be bought easily at the parts store.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See attached PDF.

Attachments

• front fender molding.pdf
    546.2 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
J

Jenner1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll check with the Xpel installer when I drop off the truck if they would like them removed for the wrap.