Removing 3M Wraps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
These tools can be great and very useful and or can be pretty unforgiving depending on the user and the condition of paint/vinyl. We cant use ours on light colors especially white vehicles. It tends to turn the clear coat to a yellowish tint, no matter how careful we are. To get this discoloration off we have to do a cutting buff.

I see you have a terrain also so maybe this color is unaffected, which is good.

Also a side note most of the discoloration is on chevy vehicles so possibly the ford clear is better. Just tossing out my 2 cent and experiencing using them.

Op of you were closer id definitely give you a hand with it lol. #terrainraptorsrule!

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrap shop I went to told me as before he started wrapping my roof that vinyl wraps are temporary. Take care of them while theyre on the truck, but do not leave the wrap on for years and years.

OP
OP
tphan

tphan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for suggestions. I will try with plastic razors.

The hood is hosed...will get an estimate for respray. Hope it's less than $500.00

Attachments

• cosmetic2.jpg
    cosmetic2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 11

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a vinyl wrapped car sit in the sun for years and the wrap eventually spider cracked like yours. I initially used a heat gun and plastic razor blades but that took FOREVER as the wrap comes off in pieces. So I ended getting a thick/wide rubber wheel with the drill attachment and was able to remove the wrap a lot quicker and easier. You’ll prolly need a couple of rubber wheels, but trust me a lot easier and cheaper than the shop. just make sure you don’t hold rhe wheel in one location for a long time as you can risk burning the clear coat.