Remove Windshield Urethane Adhesive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to safely remove windshield urethane adhesive from paint? I guess the factory did a sloppy job and I had some residual urethane on the driver side A-pillar. It's apparently a PITA to get off.

I had the truck in for PPF and ceramic coating and they were able to get some of it off, but there are a few spots that remain. I've contacted a few local glass shops but no one has responded yet.

Any thoughts?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try heating it and scraping it off with a plastic scraper. If you use a heat gun, I think you should use it on low setting and at a distance so that you don't blister the paint or ruin the ceramic coating. A hand-held hair drier should be sufficient if you're patient. Not sure this will work, but it's a likely possibility.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a heat gun at low setting and heat the area, but don’t aim directly. Get yourself a plastic razor blade from Amazon and scrape it off.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a photo of where it is?

I did windshield and vehicle glass for three years. It aint coming off without a fight..

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WD40 has worked pretty good for all types of residue. Goo Gone would be safe on glass but less safe than WD40 on paint. Just need to use it and get it off asap and no issues. If you need stronger than that not sure.