Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
How old is your battery? Is it holding at 12.7 volts while the truck is shut off? Low battery could be a issue. Remote start I think is one of the first things to shut down with a low battery. Also try holding the remote under your chin when you try to remote start it. Helps some times.
I actually have not checked my battery yet, it's been starting fine so I just haven't thought about checking it. Could be a possible though, I got it too remote start this morning when it was a little cooler. I'll put a volt meter too it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
How old is your battery? Is it holding at 12.7 volts while the truck is shut off? Low battery could be a issue. Remote start I think is one of the first things to shut down with a low battery. Also try holding the remote under your chin when you try to remote start it. Helps some times.
I mightve found the issue, used my edge monitor too look at my battery voltage key on engine off, sitting around 11.9v. I know key on the voltage will drop a little so guesstimate 12.1-12.2 with everything off. I have a new battery in one of my projects, ill drop that one in after work and see what she does.

B Scott

Reaction score
So my 2011 with remote start has worked great…until my battery started to die. I would try to remote start and it didn’t work. I replaced the battery and it’s worked like a champ ever since. BTW, my key sequence is lock, start, start. If I press the start button too quickly, it won’t always work.

Reaction score
I cant find any answers on the forum that have this information. So my raptor wasn't optioned with remote start, I bought the antenna and 2 keys for it, installed the antenna, got the keys cut and programmed and such. Had my friend with Forscan turn the remote start function on and we tried it out and it worked. Shut it off and waited a while and tried it again... nothing, keep trying and trying again and nothing happens. I unplugged the hood pin and cleaned it out, still won't remote start. Does anyone know what the parameters are for remote start? It seems like something on the truck side (not antenna or remote). Thinking maybe a wire is loose, just not sure what sensors. Also no CEL.
I thought I had the same problem in the beginning, however it was me the user. What you must do first is hit the lock button twice real fast, and then immediately double hit the auto start button and it will work. But you must do it rapid in that sequence. Maybe I need to be a little bit clearer, not to go too fast but just in the same amount of time and in sequence.
Thanks hope this helps

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
make sure the hood pin bracket isnt bent. one suggestion i have not seen yet is to hold the hood pin down with your finger and try to remote start. as far as sequence goes, its on the back of the key. lock start start. no need to hold it after the second start button