Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
My ‘13 is lock and then remote start 2x LOL
I've got the same key (obviously lol) and I have no idea how I got it to remote start this morning, I think I just lock, lock, and then held start. I went from being half awake to waking up my whole street with a huge grin on my face . But now it won't remote start again. I'm thinking something is up with the hood switch, possibly it's just old and the heat from the engine bay is doing something to it to where it won't start.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just tried it again once I got too work, and it's not doing anything again, I'm not sure how it's barely working... maybe it's the hood switch? How do I find out if mine came with the factory Gold alarm? It has this little plastic plug on the driver side that if I pull out, the truck won't start. Is that a sign it has the gold alarm?
No No, the Ford Factory Gold Alarm is not found in a Raptor, I special ordered mine because it's a 6 button key fob.
It's meant for Expeditions, Windstars, anything with extra doors or tailgates to operate.
I use that for my electric Pace Edwards remote controlled bed cover.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the same key (obviously lol) and I have no idea how I got it to remote start this morning, I think I just lock, lock, and then held start. I went from being half awake to waking up my whole street with a huge grin on my face . But now it won't remote start again. I'm thinking something is up with the hood switch, possibly it's just old and the heat from the engine bay is doing something to it to where it won't start.
My dealer that installed my Whipple removed the hood switch completely.
Now I do not remember if he tied the wires together or taped them apart. Sorry
But I would unplug it and if that doesn't work, try a jumper wire in the connection.
All it does is prevent someone from starting the engine while the hood is up.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
Checked the fuses right… lol. Idk its gotta be something stupid that ls being overlooked.
I dont even know what fuse too look at lol. I have the morimoto headlights that came with a DRL harness, basically just a fuse tap, think maybe that could be the issue? (Although not sure because it remote started this morning!)

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How old is your battery? Is it holding at 12.7 volts while the truck is shut off? Low battery could be a issue. Remote start I think is one of the first things to shut down with a low battery. Also try holding the remote under your chin when you try to remote start it. Helps some times.