Remote start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
I cant find any answers on the forum that have this information. So my raptor wasn't optioned with remote start, I bought the antenna and 2 keys for it, installed the antenna, got the keys cut and programmed and such. Had my friend with Forscan turn the remote start function on and we tried it out and it worked. Shut it off and waited a while and tried it again... nothing, keep trying and trying again and nothing happens. I unplugged the hood pin and cleaned it out, still won't remote start. Does anyone know what the parameters are for remote start? It seems like something on the truck side (not antenna or remote). Thinking maybe a wire is loose, just not sure what sensors. Also no CEL.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Let's start with -- What process are you going through on the remote to start it?

Sometimes I get it right and sometimes it doesn't work for me, but 100% of the time it is user error (in my case).

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
Let's start with -- What process are you going through on the remote to start it?

Sometimes I get it right and sometimes it doesn't work for me, but 100% of the time it is user error (in my case).
Lock, click, click hold annnnndddd nothing

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Start vehicle
go to settings,
select: vehicle,
select: remote start,
select: duration,
(is "off" checked?)
select: 5, 10, or 15 mins.
turn vehicle off
try remote start

Oh disregard i missed that it didn’t have remote start option already. So idk if this is even helpful now Oops lol.

OP
OP
Tahoetim_42

Tahoetim_42

Reaction score
Start vehicle
go to settings,
select: vehicle,
select: remote start,
select: duration,
(is "off" checked?)
select: 5, 10, or 15 mins.
turn vehicle off
try remote start

Oh disregard i missed that it didn’t have remote start option already. So idk if this is even helpful now Oops lol.
Well my friend turned that on in the settings. I do have all that and I just tried it and nope. Nothing still