Remote Start Module Identification & Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
15K601 and 15K602 should be all you need now (besides cutting the new key and programming your system), The capped wires green and purple wires are (I believe) for the upfitter switches. I found this YouTube video helpful for finding where the antenna plug goes:

Useful little video, thanks for that. The OBD scanning part isn’t there but assume it can be done using one of the readers?

Didn’t look like it was possible with the Autel MaxiOBD unit but maybe just need to dig a bit deeper?

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Kit ordered new OE with loom, antenna and two keys via a US Ford dealer on eBay. Dealer here wanted the price of the kit and two keys for one key. Was a no brainer. I’ll fit the kit and get the keys cut and get them to code them, hopefully enable the remote start capability... if not I’ll sort out doing it via Forescan myself. Will keep you posted. :cool:

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Kit fitted, was a doddle to install. The bracket that holds the plug and TPMS comes away of you’re struggling to get your fingers in… but it’s a pain to clip back in as it’s besides a brace. I was able to secure it with a couple of the pop studs behind the antenna but struggled closer to the plug. Was able to tidy it away ok.

Went to one of the local locksmith/key cutting/coding places, scanned the keys and couldn’t code them. Only got one key and it’s not the admin key, so will need to go to Ford *sigh* but hopefully they can activate the remote start as well. :rolleyes:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kit fitted, was a doddle to install. The bracket that holds the plug and TPMS comes away of you’re struggling to get your fingers in… but it’s a pain to clip back in as it’s besides a brace. I was able to secure it with a couple of the pop studs behind the antenna but struggled closer to the plug. Was able to tidy it away ok.

Went to one of the local locksmith/key cutting/coding places, scanned the keys and couldn’t code them. Only got one key and it’s not the admin key, so will need to go to Ford *sigh* but hopefully they can activate the remote start as well. :rolleyes:

i put the whole kit on my gen1 and the ford dealer easily programmed the system for 1hour labor time.. i wonder if forscan can do it?

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
i put the whole kit on my gen1 and the ford dealer easily programmed the system for 1hour labor time.. i wonder if forscan can do it?
Looking at the instructions provided by Fairway Ford (Ford OE ones) it looks like even a monkey could manage it. I have seen videos on doing it via Forescan... I don't have a working Windows computer though, so that's scuppered me so far.

Ford said that they couldn't source the kit and also couldn't guarantee that they could activate the remote start function, some nonsese story, blah blah blah... went off on one at them saying if I could do it in 20mins with an OBD reader and YouTube then it should be easy for them. Find out tomorrow... fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
The plot thickens… long story, a few twists… but long story short, was able to active the remote start in the PATS module using the Autel MK808BT plus code two keys to start the car. :33::Big Laugh:

The remote buttons on the two new keys aren’t working though… I’ve tried all the keys in, ignition on/off, add key, press buttons then buttons options I could find… still can’t get the key fob buttons to work even though they start the car.

Last option is to wipe and recode them all… will sleep on it in case something goes **** up. Anyone had that issue? Know how to fix?

Will have another bash over the weekend…

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
press lock, and then press start 2 times..

does the horn honk or anything after doing that?

and the remote start menu will appear in the screen.. i think under vehicle settings?

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To program the buttons on the keys you will need to have one in the ignition.

1. Open the driver’s door and press the unlock button.
2. Cycle the key on and off 8 times stopping in the on position on the 8th cycle. (Must be done withinin 10 seconds)
3. Immediately press any button on the key in the ignition and then press any button on the other new key. (The doors should lock and unlock if successful)
4. Turn key off and remove.
5. Use your new remote to lock the truck and then double press the remote start button. (Note: for whatever reason, my truck will only remote start if I press the lock button and then double click the remote start button twice.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Thanks, tried it again this morning and when I got to work as well... the horn is honking when I press any key on the original key in the ignition then nothing happens when I press the buttons on the other keys.

Found lots of dead end threads on the matter, particularly about this issue and people trying to add the remote start function... nothing conclusive... makes me think its back to the two keys issue...

I now have three programmed keys, one which came with the truck (three button) which was the original spare, along with two remote start (four button) OEM keys which start the car but no working buttons. There's a erase keys function on the Autel MK808BT which I haven't tried yet, activated customer key programming and turned unlimited keys mode off, the two keys thing you cannot overwrite... but you can do the erase keys option on the unit.

Renewed the subs on the Autel unit, will check with their service and background stuff over the weekend... don't want rush it and risk ending up with a dead truck. It starts and drives with no MyKey restrictions now, so apart from being annoying, its not desperate.

Will be sure to update this thread when done... nothing worse than googling dead ends, or even searching for them in the forum itself. If anyone has come across and fixed this please let me know.