Remote Start Module Identification & Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Yes... but if I can write two keys, activate remote start, activate customer key programming, etc... I'll try and figure it out and update here.

Especially motivated by the in-country Ford dealer trying to charge me ~1500-1600 USD for programming the new keys because they are saying they have to re-flash the PCM with Ford software, update the PATS system with no guarantee regarding remote start, then re-flash the PCM with the Roush tune (half the bill). Not going to add anything more on that part.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Tried all the options with the Autel unit, including all keys lost to reset the keys, then did parameter reset. No change, horn still beeping when I try the key programming using the owners manual method. Got spare keys which open and start the car at least.

Contacted Autel and they said that I would need a j2534 connection and Ford programming subscription. Asked them to clarify which/what.

Going to try and go down the Forescan route by adding Windows 10 to my MacBook Pro. Will be back infinitely cheaper than the above. Not sure if Forescan can do master key programming?

Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Windows 10 and Forscan Extended Licence added to the MacBook… just waiting on the OBDLink EX cable coming, will be 5-7d via Amazon.ae. :893karatesmiley-thu

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Quick update... now on the hunt for the BCM memory code to change the RTM/RKE frequency from 433MHz EU/GCC frequency to 315MHz US spec keys... otherwise I'll be looking for a four button 433MHz key and have two pricey ornaments in the spare key bowl (which will at least open and start the car)... anyone know how to do that? Any Forscan wizards lurking? Got a thread going over on there... TBC.

Also - are the key frequencies set by the chipset? Or programmed to it? Thinking its a fixed frequency transmitter?

I have been able to enable the remote start and erase all the keys with the Autel OBD unit... I had my first go at Forscan last night but can only see the RTM module to do the service function reset, assume its buried in the BCM memory codes in the programming window. That's my preferred option for now...

Weather is cooler now, not in a massive rush apart from it bugging me now... I have been able to with Forscan disable MyKey fully, I had three admin keys from wiping them on the MK808BT (not tried it yet with Forscan) but it was still showing as a locked screen despite being disabled, now turned off in the BCM. Also able to turn off the key is still in the ignition chime... just a shame that the cable was delayed and I couldn't turn it off before going camping for two nights :shakehead::p.

Will keep you posted.... if you can shed any light on the above please chip in.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
99% certain that it cannot be configured in Forscan… it appears to be controlled by the RTM itself, which comes in 315MHz and 433 MHz flavours. To get one working you need a new RTM and new tyre (tyre > tire ) sensors… or buy a 433MHz key.

It’s not listed in any of the BCM address spreadsheets for the 09-14 I’ve seen… it’s shown at 726-41-01 on the 2015-2020 with regional options (0000 Vs 0101 in the hex) for US Vs EU… but it doesn’t match the Gen 1. Also different but similar (up to sub address 68) on the 13-16 Super Duty BCM… but went round all the options for writing 0000 to 0101. No bueno.

Will go to Aliexpress if I can’t get OE from the UK… thanks for your help and will keep you posted.