Remote Start Module Identification & Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineratron

Reaction score
Hi! First proper post, apologies if this covered before…

My truck is a 2014 Gen 1 Roush Raptor and doesn’t come with a remote start key. Is there any way to check which modules are installed? I have an Autel OBD reader.

Alternatively, is it still possible to purchase age integrate the module? I looked at a few parts sites online but it was coming up as discontinued.

I need a spare key, so don’t mind buying the module same time as the key ain’t cheap… and it’s awfully hot here in the summer.

Looks like it’s available for around $300 USD for the OEM kit?

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally just went through this a couple of weeks ago with my 2012. Went through three different OEM part orders to finally get the right combo because the Ford parts website (and customer support agents) have incorrect/outdated info. There are three parts you’ll need. There’s a black hood kill switch that will be on your drivers side to prevent the truck from starting remotely while the hood is open.
1660994151475.jpeg

Then, you’ll need an antenna of some some sort. There are two OEM options, and depending on which you choose, that will dictate what key/fob you use. There’s a 2-way antenna that usually runs through the headliner and pops out behind the rear view mirror. You can get a 2-way fob for this that blinks to let you know it started and can also activate your alarm or just get a one button fob that just sends the start signal out (but doesn’t notify you if it started). I don’t know if the standard 4-button key works work, though. The other one plugs in behind your glove box (that’s what I ended up getting) which works with an OEM 4-button key that you’d need to order. You’ll know if you have it already because there’s a little grey plug with single wire coming out of it. Pop off the side panel in the door opening to check.
1660994658250.jpeg

1660994639727.jpeg

I could never get a straight answer if that $300 module kit had the right three parts I needed, and I already had the black hood kill switch when I bought the truck, so I just went with the individual parts (the glove box antenna and a new 4-button key). Once you have the antenna installed and key/fob, it’s just a matter of software/system upgrade at a dealership (or probably can be done with Forscan). I couldn’t help with how to determine if your software/system would already be compatible, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
That’s great doodman, spot on. I was a bit confused by the different kits too but was certain it was the four button standard key one. Mrs Edge Sport has it but it’s keyless (not a keyless fan to be honest ).

Seems odd that the Raptor would come without it, most of my mate’s trucks came equipped, which is why I was wondering if it was just a case of changing the key and activating something on the OBD. I asked the Ford garage here but that was in the too hard box for them… can’t be done sir… only happy replacing everything end to end without trying to fix anything. Happy to fit it myself though and get them to do the software part when coding the new key.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood kill switch and glove box antenna should be easy enough to install yourself, so I’d personally go that route (if you don’t have either of those parts). Then just get the new key cut and refresh the software. Dealership should at least be able to do that. Let me know if you want the part number of the antenna I ordered.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
The hood kill switch and glove box antenna should be easy enough to install yourself, so I’d personally go that route (if you don’t have either of those parts). Then just get the new key cut and refresh the software. Dealership should at least be able to do that. Let me know if you want the part number of the antenna I ordered.
Yes please on the part numbers of you still have them… looks like with the mykey issue I’m going to need to buy one now.

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Anti-theft bonnet switch is there at least…
3E9838F0-4BEE-496C-B771-A8A7E08A0BEB.jpeg
Assume that these spare blank wires are where the antenna connects?
8EA5C755-5100-4258-B106-48FAB7B9802A.jpeg
Macro view…
84DDBC24-CA37-48EB-A8FB-60AFAEF68816.jpeg

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
May be able to order these separately…

3A0170EF-9C8A-4282-AAC0-FCD2D41308A1.pngLooks like this is the kit…
CAB7900E-61C6-4560-AC4E-72928BBC9DF0.png
According to the OBD scanner there‘s two wireless keys enabled but the wireless antenna isn’t (assume not installed)…
61047B78-87DA-4F54-918F-DC5331794C56.jpeg

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15K601 and 15K602 should be all you need now (besides cutting the new key and programming your system), The capped wires green and purple wires are (I believe) for the upfitter switches. I found this YouTube video helpful for finding where the antenna plug goes:

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Cheers doodman, I’ll have a look at that when get home. I submitted the parts request to the local dealer over the weekend and they called me to say… that they do not recommend retrofitting the kit on the basis of that they had issues with getting the remote start function to work afterwards, as the RF key needs additional programming which they have had trouble achieving in the past.

Have you heard of this?

It’s a service centre here, separate from the sales centre… I suspect this is a competency issue, not a compatibility issue.

What I was able to ascertain from the OBD scanner was that his part of the PATS system was locked. I could not do anything with the settings, only view them. Don’t understand how the dealer could not sync the key if they have the dealer software and the keys are coded. There’s a separate check box for activation of the wireless system in the BCM/PATS section.

doodman4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the technical aspects of getting the key programmed, unfortunately. I know there are two routes to go, one with "antenna 1" and a separate key fob (it sounds like this may be what your service centre wants to do) and then one with "antenna 2" and an integrated 4-button key (part #x mentioned above; I believe this is the way you're trying to go). I chose "antenna 2" with the 4-button key so i didn't need another thing on my keychain.

I had several problems ordering parts as well, but it was because the part #s were incorrect on the Ford parts website. I ended up going with the "antenna 2" option with the parts mentioned above, so I know it can be done (re: your comment about competency vs. compatibility).