Remote Start Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong as to the reason it is going to stop working but there will be a definite issue. Last truck was a Tacoma so I do not know if the Viper ties into the Ford remote system but I am pretty sure it is a replacement not an enhancement. I know...full of such clear info I am :)

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ever told you it will stop working is a fool. The cellular data service it uses is not being shut down. Yes phone devices might start being produced with out 3g modems and that is to lower costs on producing the phones as they have to pay for the chip and the lic to use it.

I need to do research on the Viper system. If it ties into the ford remote start then fine, but if it bypasses the ford security then I will not be going with it
the viper system integrates into the oem system allowing use of the door keypad and oem key to arm and disarm the system. however extended range is only with the viper remote. all oem features are retained. with the viper smart start, you get the cell phone capability that has quite a bit more features than the ford system

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with the remote start Key Fob having unsatisfactory range?

Hi gang,

If you're having any concerns with your remote start, make an appointment at your dealership so they can get this documented and diagnosed. Once you've had your visit, give me a shout if you need any assistance and I'll do what I can to help. :)

Crystal

3rdStng

Reaction score
I may be wrong as to the reason it is going to stop working but there will be a definite issue. Last truck was a Tacoma so I do not know if the Viper ties into the Ford remote system but I am pretty sure it is a replacement not an enhancement. I know...full of such clear info I am :)
I heard something similar when researching a USB cellular modem for Internet. WiMax, operated by Sprint, will be disabled sometime in 2015. Not sure if the remote system uses this carrier or network though.

D

Deleted member 12951

Hi gang,

If you're having any concerns with your remote start, make an appointment at your dealership so they can get this documented and diagnosed. Once you've had your visit, give me a shout if you need any assistance and I'll do what I can to help. :)

Crystal

The system is flawed. There is nothing the dealer is going to do to fix it. Ford needs to fix it. I had a 2011 King Ranch and the remote start sucks exactly the same as my 2014 raptor.

D

Deleted member 12951

Well this sucks, getting the chirping instead of starting, first time that has happened so far even with the upgraded remote app.

985fd70156aec968ab1574ef5fcb44a5.jpg

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this Rick. I'm going with option three, upgrading the antennas and fob for bidirectional function and adding the vehicle security system. I ordered the parts yesterday to attempt the install myself after talking to a local dealer that had no clue what I was talking about. I didn't go with the remote access at this time, I can add it later if I so desire but I have no need to start my truck from 1000 miles away. I'm merely looking for better range so I don't have to walk out in the elements to start my truck.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of note is that on two occasions during an attempt to remote start the truck, well it kind of died on me. It was like some sort of failed start. It attempted to start but quickly didn't. For the record I'm making the sounds in my head as I try to type this. I can't figure out how to elaborate but I will try, something like "Wrrrppp" then nothing. No matter how many times I would try after it would not remote start. However I never had a problem just using the key to start it. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this since we are talking about it?

Did you figure out what was causing this? My 2018 has done this twice already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk