Remote Start Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Key FOB sucks. Supposedly it has a TSB where they put a rubber piece inside to address an issue with it contacts. I forgot to bring it up with my service guy this week when they replaced my tail light but next time I swing by I am going to ask about it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone? How about almost everyone!
I put in the Ford remote start upgrade that works independently on cellular and app on a smart phone, similar to how a Viper remote start works.

339fa17c0bb45264977e7dd73fd42892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Spider - I found on my last 2 trucks that the batteries usually go to shit after six months and loose range; but they are not like the aftermarket.

@ RDFTS - If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of that set up including the annual data plan?

D

Deleted member 12951

@ RDFTS - If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of that set up including the annual data plan?

Needs two things:
Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories
Remote Access | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

And optional but worth it since it's so cheap:
Vehicle Security System - Optional LED Kit | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

Install cost around $50-$100 and dealer has to be the one to activate it.
$50 annually

Additional info:
http://www.paulmachenry.com/documents/Hero Cards/FORD RMST Apps.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

cobrajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone? How about almost everyone!
I put in the Ford remote start upgrade that works independently on cellular and app on a smart phone, similar to how a Viper remote start works.

339fa17c0bb45264977e7dd73fd42892.jpg

Tell me more.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Never mind lol

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was just complaining about this last week. A co worker with an FX4 can remote start his from the door just out of the building to the parking lot, which is about 100 ft away. I can't get mine to work until I get within around the 30 ft range. So embarrassing.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wth good line of sight mine works through my office window at 100 yards. Depending on how my truck is parked and what side is facing me makes a difference. I don't know where the receiver is located in the truck.