Remote Start Exhaust Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On cold start mine defaults to fully opened exhaust immediately but closes shortly after the RPM drop - unless you have quiet start on. If you unplug the valve it defaults to open, maybe try it both ways to see if there is even a difference on cold start?
Yep that's what mine does. It has been warm (ambient temp) each time I've started it so far, so the valve close is almost immediate. Sounds like it starts in Baja exhaust (full open?) and then closed to Normal exhaust within 1 second. I find it odd, because a bystander would hear it start loud then abruptly quiet down.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they removed Quiet start on the 2022. As far as setting a certain exhaust mode for start, No you cant. You also cannot do it with Forscan.
Did they really remove quiet start? isnt it just software?

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have my truck yet but something I planned on testing, maybe you can help.
(Not a Remote Start possible solution)

Something I do in my BMW M4, if you start the vehicle without pressing the break you have auxiliary power. You can select mode. In Sport mode valves open prior to engine start and allows for a full exhaust cold start. Very noticeable difference. Wouldn't resolve the remote start aspect but if you want the sound, I'm hoping this provides a solution. I'm thinking maybe since the modes are tied to 2wd and 4wd there might be a systemic block, but I just don't know.

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got my truck and this does not work, it does not allow for exhaust selecting in AUX power (Pre start) mode.

Greatwhite

Reaction score
Finally got my Gen 3 this week and loving it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to select the exhaust mode that the truck starts in (particularly with remote start)?

Might be silly, but something I loved on my Gen 2 was the rumble of a cold start with my Corsa exhaust. I've noticed the Gen 3 immediately closes the exhaust valve to Normal when remote starting, which takes away that great cold-start exhaust sound. Furthermore it actually sounds weird when I parked the truck in Sport exhaust, because it initially starts in that setting and closes after about one second.

Have never dabbled in Forscan, but I'm already considering it for the Adaptive Beam Headlights. If this is a Forescan thing too, that would be worth while.
I was having issues with that in my Gen 3 after enabling quiet start. I’ve realized that when remote starting, the vehicles does not turn all the electronics on. The infotainment and the speedometer display remain unpowered until you press the start button. Then the vehicle will go into quiet exhaust mode as long as it’s within the time frame you have quiet start enabled for. That being said, if you were to go in the vehicle and start it without remote start it immediately goes into quiet mode. I don’t think this is how it’s supposed to happen. I believe it’s possibly an over-site by the software engineers. It’s either that or they have it set that way to warm the cabin up quick when remote starting. Because if the quiet mode is enabled it’s supposed to start in quiet exhaust mode as well as lower RPMs. Which would slow the heating up process. I do wish they would allow us to chose that in settings though, just have a second toggle that says something like “Remote Start Quiet Mode” and a disclaimer when enabling that it may slow the heating up process. Or better yet just Remote Start Exhaust Mode (Sport,Normal,Quiet) Baha likely excluded.

Last edited:

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was having issues with that in my Gen 3 after enabling quiet start. I’ve realized that when remote starting, the vehicles does not turn all the electronics on. The infotainment and the speedometer display remain unpowered until you press the start button. Then the vehicle will go into quiet exhaust mode as long as it’s within the time frame you have quiet start enabled for. That being said, if you were to go in the vehicle and start it without remote start it immediately goes into quiet mode. I don’t think this is how it’s supposed to happen. I believe it’s possibly an over-site by the software engineers. It’s either that or they have it set that way to warm the cabin up quick when remote starting. Because if the quiet mode is enabled it’s supposed to start in quiet exhaust mode as well as lower RPMs. Which would slow the heating up process. I do wish they would allow us to chose that in settings though, just have a second toggle that says something like “Remote Start Quiet Mode” and a disclaimer when enabling that it may slow the heating up process. Or better yet just Remote Start Exhaust Mode (Sport,Normal,Quiet) Baha likely excluded.
Operating as expected. This is how mine works as well.