Remote Start Exhaust Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Gen 3 this week and loving it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to select the exhaust mode that the truck starts in (particularly with remote start)?

Might be silly, but something I loved on my Gen 2 was the rumble of a cold start with my Corsa exhaust. I've noticed the Gen 3 immediately closes the exhaust valve to Normal when remote starting, which takes away that great cold-start exhaust sound. Furthermore it actually sounds weird when I parked the truck in Sport exhaust, because it initially starts in that setting and closes after about one second.

Have never dabbled in Forscan, but I'm already considering it for the Adaptive Beam Headlights. If this is a Forescan thing too, that would be worth while.

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure the quiet start option isnt checked in your vehicle settings. mine is not checked and cold remote starts are far from quiet.
I'll double check but I definitely haven't enabled it. In fact I'm not sure how to find it at all (do you know?). Normal mode isn't quiet but it's not loud either. A cold start in Sport mode makes a big difference if it'll stay in it.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll double check but I definitely haven't enabled it. In fact I'm not sure how to find it at all (do you know?). Normal mode isn't quiet but it's not loud either. A cold start in Sport mode makes a big difference if it'll stay in it.
its somewhere in the sync menu, likely general vehicle settings. my cold start is quite loud for the first few seconds then it closes the valve some then once it warms up more it closes the valve further.

keep in mind im talking about using remote start only. starting from the cab in normal mode is quiet comparatively

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they removed Quiet start on the 2022. As far as setting a certain exhaust mode for start, No you cant. You also cannot do it with Forscan.

Reaction score
I think they removed Quiet start on the 2022. As far as setting a certain exhaust mode for start, No you cant. You also cannot do it with Forscan.
This, you'll need something physical.
(Not this since it's for the GT350, but same concept)

OP
OP
NHDude4

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good answers, thanks guys. I do like the ability to control exhaust modes with the value, so a hard delete would kill that. Sounds like it is what it is unless someone unearths a Forscan mod to handle this.

hpschrank

Reaction score
I may be completely wrong about this but I thought the “R” button on the steering wheel (Gen 3 MY 22 and above) was a way to lock in all the modes you had in place for steering, dampening and exhaust so you didn’t have to change the modes every time you start up ….as you have to do in the Gen 3 MY 21? Seems there was a thread from a Gen 3 MY21 member that was trying to add the “R” button to his Raptor just for this reason. Don’t think he was successful but I believe that was his motivation. Chime in and set me straight!

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On cold start mine defaults to fully opened exhaust immediately but closes shortly after the RPM drop - unless you have quiet start on. If you unplug the valve it defaults to open, maybe try it both ways to see if there is even a difference on cold start?

Adrenlin

Reaction score
I may be completely wrong about this but I thought the “R” button on the steering wheel (Gen 3 MY 22 and above) was a way to lock in all the modes you had in place for steering, dampening and exhaust so you didn’t have to change the modes every time you start up ….as you have to do in the Gen 3 MY 21? Seems there was a thread from a Gen 3 MY21 member that was trying to add the “R” button to his Raptor just for this reason. Don’t think he was successful but I believe that was his motivation. Chime in and set me straight!
Yes, it's a memory button. However upon starting the truck defaults to the stock settings and you must double tap the R button to return to your presets.