GEN 1 Remote Start / Delay Starting up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok folks Gen 1
Ever since I got my Fuse 27 Relocation completed by the dealer, When using the Remote Start I've noticed a delay Starting up. Meaning the engine cranks but it doesn't startup right away. Longer than usual.

I've done the process of elimination by starting up manually/ using the key for prob about 2 weeks with no issues. The truck starts up with No Delay.

When I use the Remote Start there is a slight delay.....longer cranking than usual prior to starting up. This occurs anytime of the day. It can happen if I've been driving all day or if the truck has been sitting. Only occurs when I use Remote Start

This only started happening after the Fuse 27 Relocation was completed.

Any Suggestions Anyone?

Thankyou in advance for any replies.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My remote start has been finicky since practically new, however,
Did the Fuse 27 relocate myself and had no changes in speed of truck start with remote start.
Interested to see other responses...

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea at first I thought it was my Fuel Pump Driver Module FPDM
Decided before I dive into that.

Manually started up using key for
2 weeks. No issues. Replaced with New Odyssey Battery 2 months ago..so it's not the battery.

Its only when I use Remote Start. Checked the Hood Switch and it's NOT broken or anything

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If there's a big temperature change between startups or hasn't started in a week or two, it can start a little funky.
The PCM has to learn and adjust for that.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's a big temperature change between startups or hasn't started in a week or two, it can start a little funky.
The PCM has to learn and adjust for that.
Neither one if those is a factor in this case

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you using the highest octane you can find and know that they are getting fresh gas weekly.
It's probably not the problem but that's all I have left, other than the remote start transceiver got damaged somehow or a sensor is failing.
The PCM preforms like 25+ checks before starting so it could be anything really.

Last edited: