Remote start climate control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Hi all, have been having some brutally cold weather here so decided I wanted to set remote start climate controls to “last” setting so heat would go on full blast as well as heated seats, steering wheel and front and rear defrosters, or so I thought.
I set all features as mentioned and remote started truck the next morning. When I got in, none of the lights for said functions were lit giving me no indication they were each on. It was not until I pressed the ingnition button that all the lights went on and all seemed operational. The manual is not specific as to what functions can be set this way and the dealer told me that the functions are all working but just the lights don’t go on until ignition button is pressed which I think is a crock. Does anyone have any more info on this? Would be greatly appreciated since a call to customer service got me connected to the Philippines for the rep to read me page 143 of the manual, thank you.....with no further info available. Combining that with the engine problems I have had at only 4500 miles on a new truck am very disappointed with this purchase and ford in general.
Thanks,
Dr. Mike

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was the wheel and seats hot? they should have been.

indicators wont "turn on" until you press the start button.....like how the radio stays off until you press the start button

personally, i keep mine on auto. don't want a situation where it is cold as hell and i didnt have the booty heaters on the time before.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I also use climate on auto. Give it some time also, you get 10 minutes by default. Now, when you hit the start button, stuff resets - at least on the ’17’s. so <gasp> we have to manually restart heated seats and steering wheel.

OP
OP
D

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
On auto are both front seats supposed to heat up or just driver’s seat?
I notice that with auto, seat hearing is very mild. If I left heat on high before I turned off engine initially and then press start button, light for high lights up and seats heats up much more profoundly than when just on auto with remote. I changed the remote climate time to 15 min but still does not make much differnence. Very aggravating and there is NOTHING in manual or on line that I am able to read further about this