Remote Controlled kill switch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crocktopus

Reaction score
I'd like to find a way to be able to instal a kill switch in my baby that works with a remote. Reason is that I'd like to be able to use the factory remote starter. It gets reeeeeally Cold around here.
Idea would be to disengage kill switch remotely then start the truck when needed.
I found one way, there is a 12v remote conrolled kill switch on ebay that it's supposed to disconnect the battery from the vehicle. That would result in a lot of electronics resetting themselves (radio, computer etc.) which is not ideal.
I was thinking if there is any other line I could hook this switch to, like ignition or fuel pump.
Problem is, that this switch needs constant power and all it does is that it interrupts it when told to do so.
Any suggestions please?
Screenshot_20210523-105348.png

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would be better off with a product that simply interrupts a circuit without needing both power/ground. The majority of vehicle circuits are controlled by modules, so interrupting those circuits will set DTCs. However, the starter S circuit is relay controlled, and interrupting that circuit will prevent the engine from starting.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score