reliable tunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy thing is, catback on the 6.2s does next to nothing even post tune, the trucks also prefer the 93 but can adapt down. I wont be going after cams anytime soon (plan on doing a supercharged 6.6 through livernois) so why waste the cash now. Personally, i have yet to see a vehicle that didn't gain from a good tune, but I have seen people brick motors with cheapo tuners.Don

All my SCT Pro-Racer experience is with 03-04 Mustang Cobra and that GEN of PCM is a breeze to tune... I know the torque management calcs with even Gen 1 Raptors can make a bad tune undrivable... ask me how I know.... I love my VMP tune and it datalogs right where all the numbers should be... we'll see how it goes once I upgrade the motor... can't promise I won't end up SCT Pro-Race tuning my Raptor before its all said and done... at the end of the day, no one will take more care than you will with your own truck...

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
All my SCT Pro-Racer experience is with 03-04 Mustang Cobra and that GEN of PCM is a breeze to tune... I know the torque management calcs with even Gen 1 Raptors can make a bad tune undrivable... ask me how I know.... I love my VMP tune and it datalogs right where all the numbers should be... we'll see how it goes once I upgrade the motor... can't promise I won't end up SCT Pro-Race tuning my Raptor before its all said and done... at the end of the day, no one will take more care than you will with your own truck...
I'm split on experience between tuning my Charger from about 10 years ago, and more recently my diesels (pre epa tuner crisis)

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran JDM blower tune on my Roush and on a NA truck. Both make the drivability way better than what Ford or Roush let out the door..lol
About to add headers to the 11 and will have my tune guy in Houston make one in HPTuners for it. He did the Coyote pre runner and it was bad ***, so we will give it a try.