Red Rock front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harrellv10

Reaction score
I’ll chime in. I just ordered the bumper from the you link you listed above. I should get it in a week or so. I modified my stock bumper on some rocks, ha! I have a 2014 Raptor. I also have a Smittybilt hidden winch so I’ll be figuring out how to get my winch fair lead to mount through the front of this bumper and how to attach my skid plate. I’ll take pics and post to this thread as I go.

harrellv10

Reaction score
On another note, while I am tinkering with the bumper, winch, and skid plate, I will try to make one of my toggle switches on my console work as a manual override for the electric fans. Twice now I have gone splashing through deep water that came up through the radiator and either broke a fan blade or messed up a fan. I need to be able to cut off my fans before I hit deep water or mud so they don’t break blades and stab holes in the radiator again. Anybody done this? Know how to do it?

OP
OP
Sozzy12

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should mention that I contacted the seller and they told me this bumper is not compatible with a winch... That being said, I'm interested to see what you come up with.

harrellv10

Reaction score
All I had to do to make the winch work with it was cut out a little section of the mesh screen insert for the cable. Done. It took about 2.5 hours to do the whole swap.

Now I have to deal with the nasty gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the grill. It’s not a bumper design problem. It’s a bent frame or something. I got an estimate from a collision repair shop this morning. They said they can make the door/fender gaps normal again and maybe close the bumper/grill gap a little, but I’m skeptical. I’ll try it and if I’m not satisfied with their work then I’ll just make some new brackets for the bumper that move it up about 1.5” and then I’ll be happy.

Now for some lights to mount behind the mesh screen to the outsides of the winch fairlead, then fan kill switch, then mid-perch mod on the front shocks, then back to the trails!

harrellv10

Reaction score
As for the bumper itself... I like it! It is only a few pounds heavier than the stock one. It has a nice powder coat. It bolts to the factory mounting points and came with hardware, good instructions, mesh screen and L-brackets for mounting it or for lights... It definitely gives me a ton more tire clearance. The welds look good. I’m pretty happy with it and recommend it, especially at less then half the price of any other bumper like it out there.

harrellv10

Reaction score
I added some lights inside the bumper. I’ll post pics tomorrow. I had to fabricate brackets, but I mounted two pairs of 2x2” LED lights and it looks pretty decent. $80 from Amazon well spent!