red interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houtex1

Reaction score
I might be going to nights for a bit and was thinking about replacing my interior lights with red led bulbs. At least the ones up front or the cabin light that turns on when the door opens.

Can anyone recommend a product please?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might be going to nights for a bit and was thinking about replacing my interior lights with red led bulbs. At least the ones up front or the cabin light that turns on when the door opens.

What model year? If it's a 2017, you can change the light color to red, and others, through the infotainment screen. This doesn't effect the lights when the doors open though, still blue. You can change that in forscan. Again, I believe this is only on 2017.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What model year? If it's a 2017, you can change the light color to red, and others, through the infotainment screen. This doesn't effect the lights when the doors open though, still blue. You can change that in forscan. Again, I believe this is only on 2017.
I took the OP’s question for things like map lights, dome lights, and what not.

I assume to save night vision.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well if you have a certain packaging you can change the colors of the Leds.

OP
OP
H

houtex1

Reaction score
I have a 2018.

It would be to save my eyes at night and hopefully be less alarming to others.

I don't have Forscan and I'm too intimidated to try it. I'd rather be able to switch them out and then switch back.

I see it on police vehicles and thought I'd give it a try. If not, I'll just keep using my Fenix flashlight with red filter.

Thanks all

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
I just ordered red map and dome lights from Diode Dynamics. The installation on my 2014 Raptor was very easy. To say I’m satisfied is an understatement.

I use red lights at work, so I knew what I was getting myself into. The lights I ordered were brighter than OEM, but not the brightest option. You don’t want them to be too bright, or you will start killing your night vision.

The added bonus is it looks pretty sinister when I approach and light interior lights kick on. I’m very happy I made the switch and I’m kicking myself for not doing it sooner.