Record setting 2017 Ford Raptor!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That's right folks....I am declaring my Raptor to be a record setting truck....54K miles and a little over 3 years old.....and on oil pan #5!!!!.....that's right, 4 oil leaks....

Brought it in for a coolant leak last week and the also found an oil leak....Ford did give me an extended 75K mile warranty last year for my last issue so it only cost me the $100 deductible....all fixed....

Have you been to the same dealer each time?
After the first repair, and it was leaking again, did you involve the service mangler and / or Ford Customer service?

The procedure for fixing the leak on the oil pan is pretty well ‘mature’ at this point, it’s not hard to find and it does work if the instructions are followed properly so either 1 or more mechanic at the service department(s) is ignorant or one or more mechanics at the service department(s) is negligent and the service manager doesn’t care.

You should not return to a stealership whose service department is sub-par, exhibits poor customer service or fails to follow instructions.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been to the same dealer each time?
After the first repair, and it was leaking again, did you involve the service mangler and / or Ford Customer service?

The procedure for fixing the leak on the oil pan is pretty well ‘mature’ at this point, it’s not hard to find and it does work if the instructions are followed properly so either 1 or more mechanic at the service department(s) is ignorant or one or more mechanics at the service department(s) is negligent and the service manager doesn’t care.

You should not return to a stealership whose service department is sub-par, exhibits poor customer service or fails to follow instructions.

Yes Ford customer service was involved after the second leak and I got a free PremiumCare extended warranty....the dealer is convenient and gives me a loaner....

I brought the car in for a coolant leak...they found the oil leak...at this point I'm committed to the truck until it hits 75K miles and then see ya later....Probably back to a Dodge....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the info. The dealer may be convenient, but let’s be honest here, they’re responsible for your negative impression of the truck. the first leak is on Ford, because properly installed, the plastic pans actually don’t leak like the ... what is it, 96.5% of the ones installed? but the 3 ensuing leaks are all the stealership’s fault.

Them giving you a loaner wasn’t out of the kindness of their hearts, it was ensuring you didn’t qualify for a lemon lawsuit, and with a repeat visit record like you describe, it’s a damn good thing.

If they can’t handle this kind of repair, you definitely shouldn’t trust them on anything big.
Maybe you could go some place close by and convenient that’s reliable like... oh, i don’t know Jiffy Lube or Moe’s auto clinic? you’ll be fine at J/l if you just get one of those rubber plugs to prevent them from stripping out the oil pan and you leave the skid plate access panel off. And you watch them like a hawk while their mitts are near your vehicle.

And I’m not trying to blame the victim here, you didn’t cause the leaks, but this stealership shouldn’t be fixing cars & trucks.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smurf. Absolutely agree. My neg impression of the truck was sealed when it was in service for 2 months because the dealership couldn’t get a small part to fix the second leak. Not their fault. And to all those that say lemon law it’s much easier said than done. The truck was just over 12 months old and it was over 15K miles at that time.

We all know that bringing a truck for service when you’re busy with work and family can be tough. The convenience part outweighs other things sometimes.

I will definitely not be bringing it back there if need be. And also this oil leak was unknown to me. That’s not saying I wouldn’t have brought it back. I guess I learned my lesson.

And I will add other than this ongoing issue I absolutely love the truck. I scream and kick “I’m going to something else” it’s hard because nothing out there even comes close to being as cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk